Bruce Wayne x Reader

Dedicated to uimanas

Up next: Barry Allen x Reader

Later: Superman x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  I hated to interrupt anything Batman-related that Bruce was possibly in the middle of handling right now, but we needed to talk. I couldn't keep waiting another day just for Bruce to tell me the exact same thing the very next day.

  Lucius led me into Bruce's office and said to Bruce,"Bruce, Y/N is here to see you."

  Bruce looked up from his computer and said to Lucius,"Thank you, Lucius."

  Lucius nodded and closed the door.

  I walked up to Bruce's desk and asked him,"May I have just a few minutes of your time, Bruce?"

  Bruce said,"Y/N, you should be at home. It's late."

  I said,"It doesn't matter, Bruce. We need to talk."

  Bruce motioned for me to sit down on the couch.

  I sat down in his lap instead, and then I asked Bruce,"Do you know that I love you, Bruce?"

  Bruce said,"Yes, I know that you love me, Y/N. I love you."

  I rested my hands on Bruce's shoulder saying,"Then, why are you so afraid to ask me what you wanted to ask me months ago?"

  Bruce looked away from me as he said to me,"I can't ask you to marry me, Y/N. It'll only put you in danger."

  I shook my head and squeezed Bruce's shoulder saying,"Honey, that's not true. I'm the one that's always causing myself to be put in very dangerous situations. You're the one that's always having to be the one to save me, but you wouldn't be putting me in danger by asking me to marry you. You'd be helping me out."

  Bruce wrapped his arms around me and said,"Y/N, I wouldn't be helping you out. I've lost many people by allowing them to get even closer to me. I can't lose you, Y/N. I can't."

  I kissed Bruce's cheek and smiled warmly at him saying,"Bruce, I'm only being honest with you. I am. You would be helping me out. I'm sorry that you've lost many people over the years, but that doesn't mean that you have to push everyone else away in the process. Bruce, I can't promise you that someone won't try to take me away from you or the other way around, but I don't think that that should stop you from seeing what comes out of trying to move past your fear."

  Bruce pulled me close to his chest, then he just held me for the next hour or two.

  Before I could fall asleep on Bruce's chest, Bruce told me,"I don't have the ring with me, Y/N."

  I rested my hands on Bruce's face and said,"That's all right, Bruce. That's all right. You don't have to ask me today. As long as you ask me before January, then we're good."

  Bruce said,"I'll ask you next year."

  I said,"Bruce!"

  Bruce laughed and said,"I'll think about it, Y/N. I promise."