Superman x Daughter Reader

Dedicated to reesescup1

Up next: Bruce Wayne x Daughter Reader

Later: Jason Todd x Daughter Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  Another date that left me with an uneasy feeling inside my stomach. Why was it so hard to find the man for me? Maybe I needed to lower my standards or rethink my standards all together. No, I could find someone. It wasn't impossible.

  I could find a man that was like my father.

  I left the overpriced restaurant and waited outside for my best friend. He was my ride back to my apartment, but I prayed he didn't get held up by his wife again. When I noticed a familiar figure flying towards me, I quickly sent my best friend a message letting him know I no longer needed a ride.

  When he called to make sure I wasn't in trouble or anything, I quickly reassured him that my father was here to get me.

  Superman looked down at me and asked me,"Do you need me?"

  I nodded saying,"Yes. I could use a ride home. Wait, how did you know I was here?"

  Superman motioned to his ear and I laughed in embarrassment saying,"Right. Your amazing hearing ability. I always forget about that. I don't have that."

  Superman crossed his arms and flew down to me. He pulled me in for a hug and made sure I wasn't crying.

  I said,"Dad, I'm okay. I promise. Can you give me a ride to my apartment? I don't have powers anymore."

  Superman quickly flew me back to my apartment, but he didn't let me go inside. He checked my apartment to make sure my ex didn't leave a surprise for me again, before he told me it was safe to go inside.

  I smiled saying,"Thank you. I owe you a lot, Dad. By the way, the date went terrible. He kept cutting me off every single time I said something, but the worst part was he tried to get me to pay for both of us after he ordered the most expensive stuff at that restaurant. But he somehow ended up leaving his card in the midst of him running out the door, so he ended up paying for both of us anyway."

  Dad chuckled, yet he asked me,"What's next for you, Y/N?"

  I shrugged saying,"I don't know. I'm probably going to go on thirty more dates and still not be satisfied. Dad, it's just not going how I wanted it to go. Maybe I do need to lower my standards and-"

  Dad sternly said,"No. Darling, I want you to be happy. You will be happy when you find what you're looking for. I know your standards and they're not too high. I'll do my best to continue to be a good example of a man for you to ultimately have one day as both your best friend and husband, but don't let this suit blind you, Y/N. Your husband may be Superman or Clark Kent without having certain abilities or friends to have by his side. I trust that you will be happy in the end. Y/N, you have more than enough time to keep searching."

  I didn't know what to say, so I just hugged Dad and he returned my hug.

  I pulled away from the hug, after about a minute or two, and asked Dad,"You didn't do something to the guy, did you?"

  Dad shook his head saying,"No. I was at home helping your mother."

  I nodded saying,"Okay, because I heard him yelling, but I didn't go out to check on him."

  Dad said,"He's fine, Y/N."

  I laughed saying,"Yeah, I'm sure you didn't ask my best friend where my date was tonight and then stayed nearby to make sure nothing went wrong without you being able to take care of it. I just know you didn't hear what the guy said to me before he decided to run off, which caused you to get him as soon as he was out of the restaurant."

  Dad looked away from me and said,"Y/N, I have to go."

  I kissed his cheek and stepped back saying,"Of course. Thank you for bringing me here safely. Thank you for also watching my back all these years, even when we weren't talking not too long ago."

  Dad waved to me, then he left. I closed my front door and locked it, yet I didn't feel like going asleep. I walked over to my couch and scrolled through my unread messages. I noticed a few messages from someone I hadn't talked to in a long time and decided to respond.
  He messaged me back pretty quickly and I agreed to meet him for lunch in two weeks. I didn't know what could possibly happen with him, but I took the leap of faith. This lunch between us could end up going well. Who knew what could happen after. I just knew I couldn't stop searching.