Conner Kent x Requested Reader

Dedicated to Baby_Judas

Up next: Bat-Boys x Requested Reader

Later: Clark Kent x Reader

Hello everyone! Requests are now officially open again! I apologize for not being able to take your requests for a good few weeks, but I just wanted to make sure I was caught up with all of the requests given to me so far. If you do have requests for me, please private message them to me and also remember to not change your username so I don't lose your messages with your requests within those messages.

Inside Info: This Conner Kent x Requested Reader is based off the DC animated film Reign of the Supermen.

   ANI'S POV

  All this sneaking around wasn't my style. It wasn't me. I wasn't used to having to meet here at this time or making sure this person wasn't around just so I could see my own boyfriend. Talk about a challenge.
  I get it. Things were getting worse for Metropolis and it was only a matter of time before it affected the rest of the world too. Superman was dead and there needed to be more heroes. Luckily, that's where Superboy came into the picture.

  He wasn't a fan of being called "Superboy," but maybe it would grow on him. Either way, he had a lot on his shoulders, so maybe that was why this whole sneaking around thing was his idea. Maybe, but I couldn't do this for too much longer.

  I sat down beside him and rested my hand on his shoulder. He looked around, probably for Lex or The Teen Titans, but I rolled my eyes. He noticed, but he just put his hand over my hand.

  I asked him,"What's going on with you? Not enough cameras on you today?"

  He took off his shades and said,"Ani..."

  I squeezed his shoulder saying,"I'm kidding. I'm kidding. But really, what's wrong?"

  He took my hand off his shoulder and intertwined his fingers with mine saying,"Lex's my father. I'm a...clone of Superman. So, I guess Superman is my father too? I don't know. Not what I was expecting to hear today."

  I wasn't expecting either of those things to come out of Conner's mouth, but I could tell he was upset. Knowing Lex, Conner had found out in some terrible or ridiculous way. However, despite my current frustration with sneaking around to see Conner, I could tell he really needed me.

  I brought my right hand up to Conner's face and said to him,"I know both of those things are a lot to take in and I can't imagine how you're feeling right now, but I'm here for you. It doesn't change the fact that you're useful. You mean something to those that need your help every day. Don't stop wanting to help those that need your help because you didn't have the knowledge you have before."

  Conner nodded and put his shades back on saying,"Thank you, Ani. I'm sorry that we have to keep sneaking around. I just think that Lex would-"

  I heard a deep chuckle followed by,"I would what, son?"

  Conner and I both turned to see Lex standing there. My hand was still on Conner's face and his fingers were still intertwined with my fingers.

  Lex looked at me and said,"Ani, we need to talk. Superboy, you stay here."

  Conner said,"Don't call me that."

  Lex said,"You're not Superman."

  Lex motioned for me to follow him and Conner sent me a look of concern. I followed Lex into the elevator and into his office.

  He asked me,"What are you hoping to gain from being with him, Ani?"

  I asked him,"How long have you known?"

  Lex crossed his arms and said,"Answer my question first, Ani, and I'll answer yours."

  I swallowed before I answered Lex,"I'm not with him to use him or anything. I just want to hopefully gain a deeper bond with him."

  Lex rolled his eyes saying,"Of course, Ani. Of course. I don't believe you and I want you as far away from him as possible. You're a distraction. You're breaking his chances of being seen as Superman."

  I said,"It doesn't matter if you don't believe me. I know that I'm telling the truth and that's enough. I'm not a distraction to Conner. He's made that clear to me several times. He can do what he needs to do and see me when he can. I'm not trying to stop him from doing anything."

  Lex shook his head and said,"You've got a week with him, Ani."

  I asked Lex,"What happens after a week?"

  Lex said,"You live your own life. If you're with him for more than a week, I don't need to tell you what'll happen to you. Just think of this as a favor."

  I said,"I'll find a way to-"

  He said,"It won't work, Ani. You better get back to Superboy."

  When I made it back to Conner, he asked me,"What did he want to talk to you about?"

  I said,"He just wanted to tell me that he has more opportunities for you to be seen as Superman. He wanted my opinion on them."

  He nodded and said,"Okay. You wanna go grab dinner?"

  I looked at the symbol on his chest and sent him a weak smile saying,"Sure."

  Conner picked me up before he flew us out of LexCorp. As I held onto Conner, I hoped this wasn't the last time we could have dinner together. Lex already knew Conner and I were together. Also, Lex never answered my question, but it didn't change the fact that I probably didn't have a week with Conner.

  I probably only had today. Even seeing the symbol on Conner's chest didn't give me hope like I thought it would. The symbol just reminded me of what I could lose.