Barry Allen x Reader

Up next: Dick Grayson x Reader x Peter Parker

Later: Tim Drake x Requested Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  I reached over Barry and grabbed my phone that was on the bedroom table. It was 4 in the morning, and it took me a couple of minutes to catch my breath. This was the fourth nightmare I had had this week.
  I was already worried about my child in my stomach (just because I worry all the time), but now I was worried that Barry was hurting more than I thought he was. Either way, I needed to hear his voice right now.

  I gently shook him, and Barry asked me,"Is it the baby? Is it time?"

  I rested my hand over his heart saying,"She's fine, Barry, but I'm not okay."

  Barry turned to face me and pulled me against his chest saying,"Nightmare again?"

  I nodded, yet I asked him,"How did you know?"

  Barry replied,"I didn't know. It was a lucky guess."

  Barry rubbed his eyes before he said to me,"So, it looks like neither one of us will be able to sleep. I'm sorry I'm losing my speed."

  I sat up saying,"Barry, I don't blame you for what's going on with your speed. You didn't do it yourself, and we'll find a way to keep you from losing your speed completely. Don't put any more stress on yourself by worrying about me."

  Barry sat up beside me saying,"Y/N, I'm always going to worry about you. I love you, and you're carrying our child. You told me when you had your nightmare the first night that it was because of your fear of losing me."

  I admitted to Barry,"I am afraid of losing you. You're a superhero. It's your job to look after others, but I'm worried that there's an even greater chance that you won't return with your speed disappearing little by little every day."

  Barry kissed my cheek and held on for a good minute, trying to make me feel a little better than before. However, I was still worried, and I felt like I had the right to be worried. Not that I didn't have faith in Barry even without his speed, but because everyone seemed to want to kill him nowadays.

  Barry pulled away and rubbed my shoulder saying,"It's okay to be afraid of losing me, Y/N. I'm afraid of losing you every single day, but it is also what keeps me going. I hate that I'm losing my speed too, Y/N. My speed is a part of me, but it isn't all of me. I can find a way to stop my speed from going away eventually, but I need you to stay positive. I need you to continue to remind me that you're not going anywhere, and I'll remind you that everything's going to be okay."

  I rested my hand on my stomach saying,"I'll do my best to stay positive, Barry, for you and for our family. I would like it if you did remind me that everything's going to be okay."

  Barry put his hand over my hand as he said,"My speed will be back to normal before you know it. But, it is nice to be able to think more about things."

  "It is nice to be able to think more about things, especially when it involves everyone you care about. Don't worry, Barry Allen. I'm always here for you, even when I'm having a rough day."

  "Thanks, Mrs. Allen."

  "No problem, Flash."