Chapter 1: The Outbreak Begins ✅

(Y/n)'s Mother POV:

(Y/n): Mummy, look, I got one!

I looked down to see that (Y/n) caught a fish, this put a smile on my face. I bent down and congratulated him for his catch.

Me: So I see, well done sweetie.

I ruffled his hair a bit as he giggled, I then stood back up and walked over to see how my husband and other kids were doing. My husband looked at me and approached me.

Your Father: So... (Y/n) got a catch?

Me: Yep, quite a big one too.

We then look at (Y/b/n) "Your Brother" and (Y/s/n) "Your Sister". After a bit, we decided to go home for the day. ( If you don't have a older sister or younger brother, make their names up )

Lee's POV:

Shit, why did I do it. Those were my thoughts as I was at the back of a cop car heading straight to prison. I looked at my hand cuffs and knew my awaited future...

Cop: Well, I reckon you didn't do it then.

Me: Does it really matter?

Cop: Nah, not much. Y'know, I've driven a buncha' fellas down to this prison. Lord knows how many. Usually is 'bout now I get the, I didn't do it.

Me: Not from me.

Cop: Cause guys in your position already said it enough. I followed your case a bit, you being a Macon boy and all.

Me: You're from Macon then?

Cop: Yep. Came up to Atlanta to be a city in the seventies. Always wanted to work a murder case, like that senatorial mess you got yourself mixed up in, with all due respect. A real shame, that is.

I look outside and see a police car zoom past.

Cop: Hell, the whole family used to be regulars at your folks' drugstore right in downtown. Still there?

Me: Sure is.

Cop: Good.

The radio turns on, but I didn't pay much attention to it.

Cop: I got a nephew up at UGA, you teach there long?

Me: Going on my sixth year.

Cop: You meet your wife in Athens?

Fuck, him saying that was like a bullet to my heart. I ignored the question. I then spot more police cars and some ambulances.

Cop: You wanna know how I see it?

Me: Not really.

Cop: Well too bad, it's my car. You might have the right remain silent, but it don't mean I gotta be. Regardless, could be you just married the wrong woman."

I then gave him a death glare. I wanted to say something but groaned instead. The radio goes off again and it sounds important. I then see more cars and this time a helicopter fly past. He then turned off the radio.

Me: Any of that seem important to you?

Cop: All of it, but that box never shuts up. Sit in this seat and pay too much attention and you'll drive yourself crazy. I'm driving this man once, h-he was the worst one. He wouldn't stop going on about how he didn't do it. He was an older fella. Bug, soft eyes behind a pair of smart folk glasses, and he's just wailing back there, says it wasn't him. Crying and snotting all over, right where you're sitting.

The radio turns on again as he turns it off again. He then continues his out of the blue story as he looks at me.

Cop: Then before long he starts kicking the back of the seat, li-like a fussy baby on an airplane. And I tell him he's gotta stop, that's government property, and I'll be forced to zap him otherwise.

He then looks back at the road.

Cop: So he stops, and having exhausted all his options, he starts crying out for his mama. "Mama, it's all a big mistake! It wasn't me."

Me: So did he do it?

Cop: They caught the fucker red handed! Stabbin' his wife, cutting her up as the boys came through the door! He sits in my car screaming bloody murder that it wasn't him! I think he actually believed it himself. If goes to show, people will up and go mad when they believe their life is over.

He then looks back at me.

Cop: Oh, I got another good one for ya. This one's a little bit less depressing and a bit more hilarious if I do say so myself.

I then see a figure crossing the road ahead, this police car heading straight for it!

Me: FUCKING DRIVE!!!

I try to warn, but then the car hit the figure and went off-road into a forest, causing me to to go unconscious.

(Y/n)'s POV:

We arrived at home, I entered the house and greeted Milky ( your 9 month old kitten ). She jumped on me, so I carefully started petting her. She began to purr.

Dad: Hey, (Y/n).

I looked behind me and saw Dad.

Me: Yes, dad?

Dad: Can you help get some of the fish onto the kitchen table?

Me: Sure!

I helped dad put the fish on the kitchen table as mum prepares to cook. However, we hear then an explosion outside.

(Y/b/n): What was that?

Dad: I don't know, I will check.

Dad then went to the door and opened it.

Dad: HOLY SHIT!!! SOMEONES BLEEDING, CALL THE AMBULANCE!!!

Mum quickly rushed over to dial 911 as dad brought the injured man into the house. He looked terrible...

How was the first chapter? Well, remastered version I could say.

Let me know if you spot any mistakes, or anything that didn't go that well with you. Anyways, later!

Words: 952