Chapter 76: Prescott

Javi's POV:

Clem: There!

We run over to what looks like a gate with a bunch of walkers in front of it.

Clem: Get to the gate!

She starts running as I follow close behind, she starts shooting any walkers in her path as we make it to the gate... but it closes on us.

Me: Hey!

Clem: Open up!

We turn around to see more walkers approaching us, I pull out a pistol but one of the walkers then gets it's brains shot, and another one next to it. We look up to see a blonde guy with a bun shooting any walkers getting close to us.

Guy: I can't open the gate 'til you clear them out! Can't risk it!

Me and Clem then turn back and start shooting all walkers in sight, Clem's shotgun then runs out of ammo as she puts it away and pulls out a pistol. She pulls the trigger, but it doesn't shoot.

Clem: Fuck! These bullets won't fire!

A walker then pins her against the gate as I aim my gun at the walkers head and shoot, saving Clementine's life. We look back up and the gates open, the guy from above bursting through.

Guy: Get your ass inside! Come on, now!

We then get inside as the guy starts shooting at the walkers, then some woman on a horse comes rushing inside as well, the guy closes the gate before the walkers get in.

Guy: *to the woman on the horse* God effin' damn it, Francine. One of these days those doors are gonna close and your ass'll be on the other side!

Francine: Yeah. And when that day comes, Tripp, I promise... I'll eat you first.

She then walks off with her horse as the guy, named Tripp. Turns to look at us.

Tripp: *to Clem* It's... Clementine, right? You staying a while this time?

Clem: No. Once the walkers pass, I'm taking this guy to a junkyard off the highway.

Me: My family might be trapped there. Hiding from some very bad dudes.

Tripp: Well, shit. I am truly sorry to hear that. This herd rolled in pretty quick. We're hoping it's gone just as fast. So... just keep your heads down, and steer clear of trouble, you got me?

Me: I don't start trouble. I finish it.

Tripp: Okay, Captain Big Nuts, we get it. But I catch wind of you "finishing" anything while you're in town, and you're "finished". Now piss off, I got shit to do. *walks off*

Me: Jesus.

Clem: Tell me about it. Well... welcome to Prescott.

She then starts walking as I follow close next to her.

Clem: It's a pretty cool place, actually. Built from an old airstrip I guess. The people, on the other... they're not my favourite.

I look over and spot someone smoking in an alley.

Clem: Usually I'm in and out as quick as I can manage.

Me: Hey, what's the problem? You have some sorta history here that I should know about?

Clem: Not really. I just... I know what people are capable of.

I then hear more gates closing, I turn around and spot another giant gate closing up.

Clem: Hey, Javi. What's-what's up?

The gate shuts closed.

Me: My family... *I turn back to Clementine* They're still out there... in the middle of all that.