Chapter 32: Crawford ( Part 3 )

Lee's POV:

I draw my gun out as Molly rushed over to the walkers with Hilda, she kills two as I wait for an opening to shoot one. A walker rushes at Molly and holds her as she begins to struggle.

Molly: Lee! Shoot this fucker!

I shoot the walker grabbing Molly as she runs up to me.

Molly: Nice shot.

Me: Thank me later, come on!

Me and Molly start running only for me to stop after noticing Ben was frozen in place.

Me: Ben, we gotta go. Ben! Move your ass!

He finally runs with us as we enter the classroom and close the door behind us.

Kenny: What the fuck is going on?

Me: They're coming!

Kenny: Oh, shit.

Brie holds the door.

Vernon: That oughta hold 'em.

Brie: Sure... but now how do we get out?

Ben gives me the hatchet back as I stare with anger, Kenny starts trying to force the door open.

Kenny: Through the armory, if we can just get this damn door open.

I get the hatchet from Ben.

Kenny: Come on... damn you!

Walkers start pounding on the door.

Ben: This is my fault... all my fault.

Christa: What the hell's he babbling about?

Me: Ben, we talked about this.

Christa: Oh, your talking about that. (looks at Ben) Ben this isn't the time.

Ben: Kenny, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry, man...

Kenny: Kid, this ain't the best time! Whatever you did, save it for later!

Me: Ben, we don't have time for this now!

Ben: I'm sorry, Lee. I can't do this any more. He's got a right to know.

Christa: Tell him after we get out of here!

Ben: It's been me all along. Putting all of us in danger. Katjaa and Duck... it was all me. It was all me!

Kenny kicks the armory door down as he turns to look at Ben.

Kenny: Wait a minute... what are you saying?

Ben: It was me who made the deal with the bandits at the motor inn, slipping them supplies. I thought maybe I could keep them off our backs. When it got discovered, that's when they attacked. That's when Duck...

Kenny instantly gets raged by this and attempts to charge Ben, but me and Vernon hold him as he tries to struggle out.

Me: Kenny, man. I agree with you - you SHOULD kick his ass! But now's not the time! We gotta focus on getting out of here!

Kenny: You little pissant! You are fucking dead, you hear me? Dead! My wife and child, you got them both fucking killed!

Me: Kenny! Listen to me! You can whoop his skinny little ass later, but right now we gotta go!

Kenny gives up trying to struggle.

Molly: Nice group you got here.

Me: Not the time, Molly!

Kenny: If this asshole thinks he's getting on my boat after what he did, he's out of his motherfucking mind! Now I know why (Y/N) beat the shit out of him!