Chapter 53: Escaping Howe's

Clementine's POV:

I jump down the skylight to Carvers office, luckily he's not here. I spot Alvin still on the chair.

Me: Alvin!

I walk over to him.

Me: Alvin? Are-- are you okay?

No response, so I poke him but it's no use. I then walk over to the PA System and turn the exterior speakers on. I turn up the volume on the mic but there's only static, I follow the cables to a CD receiver and realise there's no CD in it! I look around and thankfully I spot a compact disc. I grab it and put it in the CD receiver. I turn up the volume again and IT WORKS!

Speaker: This fourth of July, make sure your backyard barbecue is complete with Howe's full line of products to meet your grilling needs.

I look out the window and see Bonnie open yard gate as I hear someone or something behind me! I quickly turns around and see a bloody Alvin searching Carver's desk.

Me: Alvin... are... are you okay?

Alvin takes one of Carver's revolvers from his desk.

Alvin: Carver talks all that tough guy shit... then keeps the tiniest gun in the universe... somethin' funny about that.

I look out the window again and see Carver talking to Tavia and 2 other guards, I walk up to Alvin.

Me: Come on! We have to go!

Alvin: I ain't goin' anywhere, but you are. Go on. I mean to get some payback.

Me: No! We're leaving. We're all leaving.

Alvin: I ain't fit to move, kid. I've... I've run outta road.

We then hear a guard.

Guard: Let's... No I'll-- I'll just go up there and shut that thing off!

Alvin: You gotta get outta here. They'll be here any second.

Me: Thank you...

I run over and climb boxes up to the skylight, but before I could leave I hear Alvin.

Alvin: You take care of my girls... I get the feelin' it's-- it's gonna be a girl...

I nod.

Alvin: Just a hunch. Go on.

Then all of a sudden a guard runs in and shoots Alvin, but before Alvin dies he shoots the guard in the heart killing him as Alvin loses his life afterwards.

I get up the roof and hear walkers, I look over and see a million walkers surrounding the place! I run over to the skylight of the stockroom and open it. I see what's happening.

(Y/N)'s POV:

We all get held up at gun point by Carver who's has an AK-47 in his hand as he paces keeping if full focus on us as he talks nonsense to Rebecca like he usually does.

Carver: You wanna disrespect me, fine. You wanna throw away the life... I'm tryin' to build for us all... then fuckin' fine! You wanna run off with this dogshit group of crippled fucks, then fine! Be my guest.

Me and Luke spot Clementine walking across the shelves ready to jump on Carver.

Carver: But I will put a bullet in you and that baby before I let you leave again with my child!

Clem jumps on Carver's back which pushes him towards Kenny. Kenny punches Carver in the face as Luke takes the AK from his hand. Luke now has Carver at gunpoint.

Luke: Get back.

Everyone grabs their weapons which were on the floor. Carver puts his hands behind his head.