Chapter 31: Crawford ( Part 2 )

Lee's POV:

I walk up to Ben who is working on the armory door.

Me: Hey, you need any help with that?

Ben: Thanks. I got it. Just once I'd like to do something useful, you know?

Me: That'd make a nice change of pace.

Ben: Wow, no need to agree with me quite so much. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Me: Well... I'll let you get on with it.

I turn away start to walk away only for Ben to stop me.

Ben: No, wait. (I turn around) There is something you can help me with. Something that's been on my mind, I could use your opinion.

Me: What is it?

Ben: It's Kenny. Since I've been helping him work on the boat, I've gotten to know him a little better. He's a good guy, you know? And it's eating me up, knowing what I know. I've been thinking about telling him the truth.

Me: Ben, c'mon on. This again?

Ben: It's my fault Duck and Katjaa got killed. If I hadn't screwed up back at the Motor Inn, they'd still be alive. How am I supposed to just carry something like that around? I have to tell him.

Me: But you saw what (Y/N) did when he found out, and he's just a kid. Kenny will probably kill you.

Ben: I... know but (Y/N) eventually cooled down and now we're fine. I really need to tell Kenny.

Me: I agree, I think you should tell him. Just not now.

Ben: You don't get it, Lee. What am I supposed to do whenever he talks about Katjaa and Duck? Just nod and pretend like it wasn't my fault? I can't do it any more.

Me: Ben, listen. Kenny seems like he's got his shit back together because right now he's got a purpose, but he is still in a real bad place. You tell him now, he's going to lose it. And then we're all screwed. There'll come a time when he's ready to hear it. But it's not now, not yet.

Ben: I hear you. I'm gonna get back to this.

He walks back to the armory door as I leave the classroom. I see Molly.

Molly: The alleyway to the auto shop's down here. You coming or not?

Molly walks off as I slowly follow, when I get to the exit. I don't see Molly anywhere, so I open the door and go outside.

Me: Molly? You out here?

No response.

After a bit of climbing and walking I make it to the garage, I try to open it but it's jammed tight. Then out of nowhere I hear something fall behind me making me jump. I turn and see a walker.

Molly: Leave him!

I see Molly jump down as she draws her pick out.

Molly: He's mine.

Me: What were you doing up there?

She starts kicking the dead walker a few times then starts stabbing it in the back with her pick multiple times!

Me: Molly...

She keeps stabbing it.

Me: MOLLY!

She stops.

Molly: What?!

Me: I think you got him.

Molly: One more. For luck.