Chapter 41: Dreams

(Y/N)'s POV:

Carlos was checking my arm again as Luke, Nick and Clementine all stand around waiting for a response.

Carlos: This might hurt a little.

He touches the wound as I wince.

Luke: How's he look?

Carlos: Clementine's suturing skills need some work, but otherwise I'd say (Y/N) should be fine.

Luke: So it wasn't a lurker bite?

Carlos: If it was the fever would've already set in and his temperature would be through the roof.

Nick runs off after hearing that as Luke follows. Carlos then patches up my arm and head. Then washes his hands while talking to Clementine.

Carlos: I wish you wouldn't've done what you did.

Clem: He was hurt and you weren't helping.

Carlos: Because we considered him a threat. Which he was. Maybe you are both still a threat.

Clem: No. We're not.

Carlos: We put him in that shed out of concern for the safety of our loved ones and you volunteered to stay with him. And then you escaped and persuaded my daughter to steal from us.

Carlos finishes washing his hands.

Carlos: I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but there are a few things you need to know about my daughter.

Clem: Okay.

Carlos: She isn't like you. You may not get that initially, but once you're around her for a while you'll understand. If she knew how bad the world is... what it's really like out there... she would... cease to function. She's my little girl. She's all I have left and I would ask that you both will stay away from her.

Clem: I'm sorry. I didn't know.

Carlos: It's okay. You're forgiven. Just don't make any more mistakes.

Carlos leaves the room as Luke walks back in.

Luke: Hey, uh... brought you both some food if you're hungry.

Clementine looks at Luke and smiles as I nod, we sit down next to eachother as Luke sits on the other side of the table as we start eating, Luke looks at my hand.

Luke: That's gonna leave one helluva scar.

Me: It doesn't bother me. I can live with it.

Luke: Wow. Nice.

Nick then enters the room and walks over to me.

Nick: Hey, look. Um, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for... well... for being a dick out there. I got kinda aggro and that was definitely not cool.

Luke: Nick's been known to go off every once in a while. Don't hold it against him.

Nick: I guess we all have our moments.

Luke: You definitely had one out there.

I look at Nick.

Me: You were just protecting your friends. I get it.

Nick: I didn't mean to be so harsh. I just... we had a bad experience once.

Clem: We've all had bad experiences.

Luke: Nick lost his mom. We took care of someone who'd got bit.

Nick: It was my fault. I--

Luke: It was no one's fault. We thought we could control it, but... we couldn't. And then she turned and his mom was standing right there and she got attacked. There was nothing we could do about it.