Chapter 101: Suffer the Children

So... I decided to publish this chapter early, mainly because I finished it faster than expected. So welcome back, I hope you all enjoy this new chapter!

Clementine's POV: ( Present )

I wake up and sit up from my bed, I look over to see (Y/n) sleeping in a chair nearby and AJ making two cups of coffee. He gets up, takes one of the cups, and walks over to me.

AJ: Made you some coffee. It was in the kitchen. Tenn said that I could have some. I didn't steal it. I also have one for (Y/n) when he wakes up.

He then hands the coffee over to me, I gracefully take it and take a sip.

Me: I'm surprised you remember how to make it. We haven't had coffee in a long time.

AJ: You put it in hot water.

Me: You're right. Thanks. *I take another sip*

AJ: Last night, with Marlon? I heard Louis, and... and what he called me. *beat* Am I a murderer?

——————

3rd Person POV: ( Last Night )

Everyone looks down at the body of Marlon.

Louis: No!

Omar: Oh, my God!

Violet: Shit!

Ruby: We could get medicine. From the nurse's office.

Sapphire: Medicine?!

Mitch: He's dead! The kid blew his brains out!

Louis: *to AJ* You shot him. He's dead. You're a murderer.

(Y/n): Now, hold on--

Louis: Clementine promised Marlon! You said you'd help him fix things! What the fuck did you both teach this kid?!

——————

( Present )

AJ: Louis called me a murderer. But... but we're supposed to kill bad stuff. Monsters? Did I do it bad? I thought Marlon was bad. He killed Brody, he...

Clem: Louis was right. Sometimes people do bad things, like Marlon did. But when you shot him, he wasn't a threat to us anymore. If you kill someone when they're no longer threatening you, that's murder.

AJ: *turns around* What are we gonna do?

——————

( Last Night )

Mitch glares at (Y/n ) and Clementine, and clenches his fist. Everyone turns towards AJ as Violet immediately acts, taking out a cleaver and getting in front of AJ to protect him.

Violet: Back off! All of you!

Louis: You talked Marlon down, and then they fucking murdered him!

Violet: *to Clementine & (Y/n)* Both of you. Take AJ, go inside.

Clem: *to AJ & (Y/n)* Come on, let's go.

(Y/n): Yeah...

They both then start walking over to AJ. (Y/n) noticing Mitch still glaring at them.

Louis: Oh, just let them go back to the dorms?! What happens the next time one of us does something this kid doesn't like? Should we expect a bullet, too?

Violet: That's not what happened.

Louis: It's exactly what happened! It was over, 'til little Mr. Trigger-Happy decided otherwise!