Chapter 22: Chuck's Advice

Lee's POV:

1 hour later.

I sat down to talk to Clementine and Y/N.

Me: You two want to talk?

Clementine: Uh uh.

Me: You both understand what happened?

Clementine: Yes.

Me: Okay. What are you both thinking about?

Y/N: Chuck.

Clementine: What Chuck said to us.

Me: What'd Chuck say?

Clementine: That what happened to Duck would happen to us.

I felt myself rage up.

Me: What? The fuck he did.

Clementine: Swear.

Me: Sorry. I'm gonna go talk some sense into him.

I then stand back up.

Clementine: Don't be mad.

I then head to the front of the train where Chuck was.

Me: Hey.

Chuck: How ya doin?

Me: I don't care what reasons you had for doing it, no reason to go and tell my kids they're gonna end up dead!

Chuck: 'Cause they are. I don't know much about you folks, but I can tell you, sure as the sun gon' come up tomorrow, that ya'll keep going on like this and those kids ain't gonna make it.

Me: What do you know?

Chuck: I know that you don't have a goddamn plan. We get to Savannah and then what?

Me: We find a boat.

Chuck: You think that's a new idea? You got even the foggiest idea 'bout where you're gonna find one of those? Look, sit down with the kids and hash it out. Find a map for Christ's sake -- I'd give you one if I had it. And if something were to happen to you.

Me: It won't

Chuck: If it WERE, you gotta prepare the boy and girl. Teach them how to use a weapon and for criminy, cut that girls hair.

Me: They're just little kids.

Chuck: They'll die little kids if you treat them like one. You gotta consider them a living being. That's it. You're either living or you're not. You ain't little, you ain't a girl, you ain't a boy, you ain't strong or smart. You're alive. Look at the girls hair. You got her running around with a mop that's gonna act like velcro to any hands swingin' its way. Find some scissors in my pack and take care of that hair before a walker does it for you. And then show them both how to use a gun because like it or not, that's what saves your life from here on out. I don't mean to tell you how to do your job, but too many people have died already...

Me: They have.

Chuck: And seein' another little boy or girl die might just do me in.

Me: I hear you. A plan, a haircut and some guns. It's good advice.

Chuck: It's something. But I want to also speak to you 'bout the boy.

Me: What is it?

Chuck: That boy is Y/N L/N, the son of a scientist at the Gallows Organisation.

Me: And what is that suppose to mean.

Chuck: The Gallows do these terrible experiments, the kid definitely doesn't know as I was grillin' him 'bout it. His mother was who created this madness in the first place!