Chapter 92: From The Gallows ( Part 2 )

3rd Person POV: ( Location: Richmond )

The group climbs onto the highway, two lonely walkers can be seen.

David: Everyone hold back. Let Javi and I clear out these walkers.

Javi takes his baseball bat out and swings one of the walkers in the head, while David knifes the other in the head. Javi sheathes his bat.

David: Good to go, let's move.

The group climbs over, Javi takes his bat back out and looks into the distance to see a herd of walkers following them very slowly.

Javi: *walks up to Gabe* You okay, bud?

Gabe: *as him and Javi walk alongside eachother* When I was little, Dad used to ask me what I wanted to be when I was a man. *smiling* And I'd point at him. He always liked that. *sighs* I thought he was such a great guy. It would always make him smile. Every time.

Javi: Yeah, lots of kids hero-worship like that. It's part of the job.

Gabe: Yeah. I guess it was.

Two walkers pop their heads up, Josh kills one with a knife while Kate kills the other with a crowbar.

Gabe: "Never be like your uncle!" He told me that all the time. "Don't be a man who relies on other people to solve your problems. Because then you're not a man at all." I used to think he was right. Not anymore, though, Javi. I can only hope I grow up to be like you. So... here's hoping.

Javi: Oh, well, thanks, buddy. Means a lot.

Gabe: I'm sorry I never really said it before. I should have.

Javi: Thanks a million.

Gabe: You're welcome a million! You took such good care of me. Now we need to take care of Dad. He's the one that needs our help.

Meanwhile, Josh walks up next to (Y/N).

Josh: You okay?

(Y/N): No.

Josh: *sighs* Yeah. Guess I should've seen that one coming. But, hey man, it's okay. Clementine doesn't hate you. She's just... confused. Maybe speak with her after we save Richmond. That'll be the best moment.

(Y/N): No.

Josh: Huh? What?

(Y/N): She doesn't deserve me...

Josh opens his mouth to say something but stops and looks to the ground. The group then reaches a section that is blocked by a pile of cars.

Javi: We're gonna have to go around the side.

Kate: There's barely any room.

Sarah: You have any other ideas?

Kate: No, guess not.

Josh: Ah, shit.

David is the first one to begin crossing.

Javi: *looks back to see the horde closing in on them, then sighs* No time to waste. Come on.

The group walks along the edge of the highway.

Kate: You know, I didn't think there was much that could scare me anymore. And yet, here we are. Just goes to show you, life is full of surprises.

Gabe: Oh, my God, oh, my God, oh, my God.

Javi: This isn't that bad. I believe in you, guys! You can do this!

(Y/N): If we fall?

Javi: Then we'll be having a good night sleep.

Sarah: It's day.