Chapter 99: Outside The Safe Zone

There are two things I want to say before we start...

First off, have a Merry Christmas everyone!!

And also, thank you all for 25k reads! Jesus. You are all the best. And with Chapter 100 and the new year next week, too.

Words cannot describe how much I appreciate every single one of you! Anyways, let's carry on with the story!

(Y/n)'s POV:

Me, Clementine, AJ, Louis, and Violet sneak our way over near the train station. We're over looking it while crouched up near a rock.

Clem: There. That's where the food is. Lot more walkers than last time, though.

A herd of walkers move and groans around the area.

Louis: We're gonna die.

Violet: Well, like (Y/n) and Clem said... it's either die here or die from hunger. Take your pick.

Me: This is going to be more complicated than I thought.

Violet: Clem, (Y/n), maybe you two should scope things out. You both know the place better.

Clem: Let us get a closer look. Can't be too careful. You coming, (Y/n)?

Me: We need to find someway in, so yeah.

Me and Clem move slightly forward for a better look, still hidden luckily.

Clem: We barely got of here. It was close.

Me: And now we're back to either die or live.

Violet: It sounded scary. Y'know, getting out of here the first time.

Me: Can confirm. *looks at a crate* There's a giant crate.

Clem: We could climb up there, but I don't know how that would get us inside. *looks at the bell at the gate* Wait... (Y/n), you used that bell to attract a walker before. Could try it again.

Violet: They do like to follow sound...

Me: Yeah, they do. A lot.

Me and Clem rejoin the group. Clementine looking like she has an idea.

Me: Clem? Do you have an idea?

Clem: The noise from that bell could draw a lot of walkers. If one of us climbs up there and starts ringing it...

Violet: Louis. I vote Louis.

Louis: Uh, hold on. I'd like to make an alternate suggestion.

Violet: Come on, Lou. You're loud, dramatic, a little annoying... You're basically a walking distraction.

Louis: I think you mean charming and theatrical. Entertaining is another word that comes to mind. Charismatic.

Violet: *to us* See what I mean?

Me: I vote Louis.

Louis: Wha-?

Clem: Same. I think Violet pretty much summed it up.

Louis: Ouch. All right. I see how it is.

Violet: *taking out her cleaver* I'll go with you and (Y/n). Give you both some cover.

Louis: Do I have to?

Me: Yes. Do it.

Louis: Fine, I'll do it. *stands up* But if I die, I'm making sure walker Louis eats the three of you first. I'll distract them until I see you guys reach safe cover. Then I'll try to redirect the smelly patrol to give you guys a chance to sprint inside the building. *starts taking the bell*