Chapter 57: Forgiveness

Kenny's POV:

I'm currently inside a tent, reflecting on everything. But that's when I remembered something.

Flashback to Chapter 35:

Me: Hey kid, how you holding up?

(Y/N): I-I-I don't know.

I then start hugging him.

Me: It's going to be okay, we are going to get Clementine back! Understand?

I stop hugging him and look at him awaiting an answer.

(Y/N): I understand.

I smile.

Me: You're a good kid. No matter what anyone says you are amazing! Always remember that.

(Y/N): Understood boat god, you are the second closet person to my father.

Me: I'm guessing Lee is first.

(Y/N): Yep.

We both laugh.

(Y/N); You're also an amazing and caring person Kenny.

I smile and let out a tear.

(I will remember that)

End of Flashback:

I start crying and regretting everything I said to my... son.

(Y/N)'s POV:

We're currently walking through the woods back to parker's run.

Luke: Okay... Look, I hate to ask this, but... are we there yet?

Jane: *chuckles* We're not far.

I look at Sarah.

Me: Look, Sarah. You can get through this. We both will. I promise.

Sarah: But... I'm not okay...

Me: Just try. Can you do that?

Jane: She just needs a little time, (Y/N). Leave her be for a bit.

I walk up next to Jane.

Jane: I don't know about this. The way she is... She's gonna cause problems.

Me: I mean... she managed to snap out of it and even killed some walkers which she has never done before. But, what happened in there? When we went in there you were ready to help, but then... something changed.

Jane: Look, I'd just... I'd seen that kind of thing before. I just didn't want to stick around for the bitter end. Sorry, I... I don't mean to sound harsh.

Me: Does that mean you'd turn on me? If I was hurt or something?

Jane: No... I mean... (Y/N)... I wouldn't have to. And just because you got her out of there today, doesn't mean you saved her. Trust me. I tried to save Jaime too. But she... gave up.

Luke then catches up to us.

Luke: I just... I can't believe it... soon as you guys said "go," I was the first one up on the roof. And I wasn't able to convince her to leave when I was there with her alone.

Jane: Luke, you can't let it eat away at you.

He then walks up to Jane.

Luke: Well, I can't forget it.

Jane: I dragged my sister across four states. And every morning, she'd say she wasn't getting up. So I'd convince her. Or push her. Or goddamn carry her, if I had to. Until this time... walkers cornered us. Forced us to the roof. And then when they kept coming... I... I couldn't make her jump. Couldn't throw her. So I tried something else. I told her she could have what she wanted. And I left her there. Jumped to the next building over by myself.