Chapter 68: Assault on Wellington

(Y/N)'s POV:

Darkness...

Emptiness...

Fear...

These are the only three things I feel right now, I thought after I told them everything they would leave me alone. I was wrong.

Now here I am missing a pinkie and with bruises and cuts all over my body. I just want to die at this point. There is no point of living.

Everyone I've ever known is dead.

My parents, (Y/S/N), Milky, Lee... Clementine

Walkers have taken over the world. I'm being tortured everyday. But I can't kill myself. This made me change.

I've been tied up ever since, being forced to have barely any food and water. I've just had enough of life, and I just want it to end.

But, no. I've lost my mind. I'm insane.

I then hear the door open. I look over and see a man walk up to me with a knife, a clown-like smile forms on my face.

Man: All right bitch, ready for your next cut?

Me: *laughing*

Man: *a little taken back* Kid?

Me: ...Yes... *bursting out laughing*

Clem's POV:

AJ: *starts crying*

Me: Shh. It's going to be okay.

I hear the soldiers get closer as AJ keeps crying.

Solider: We know you kids are behind the tree!

Sarah: *looks at me* Clem, what do we do?

I look around as I hear Vernon begin to speak.

Vernon: Clem... come with us, and you'll see (Y/N) again.

Me: I don't believe you!

Vernon: Why? Why else would we know about Sarah and AJ for example? I never met them in your group, so, there's only one logical explanation.

Tears begin to fall down my face. What did they do to him?! What do I do? No... as much as I want to see him again. Maybe Vernon already got everything he wanted out of him... and then killed him. I must protect AJ!

Me: *teary* NO! I WON'T GO WITHOUT YOU!

Vernon: ...Fine. *turns to the soldiers* Kill Clem and Sarah, keep the baby alive.

The soldiers then begin firing at us as we start bolting into the woods. As I'm running, I hear Sarah scream. I turn around and see Sarah fall to the floor with a gunshot in her chest.

Me: Sarah!

I run up to Sarah and put AJ down on a rock as she looks up at me. She begins to cough up blood as more tears stream down my face.

Sarah: Clem... run...

I then hear moaning, I turn around and spot walkers approaching us. Explosions can also be heard from Wellington.

Sarah: Take AJ... and... run...

Me: *teary* Not you too...

Sarah: ...Please...and... if you see Josh again... tell tell him... I-I... love him...

She smiles at me one last time as I pick AJ back up and run off into the woods, not bothering to look back as I hear more gunshots. Some walkers appear, but I manage to keep running forward.