Page 8

I took her hand.

"I'm sorry Angie." she sobbed. I leaned over and held her as she cried.

"I'm happy that he'd get something happy after being hurt so bad but... why not me? Why can't I be your mate?" I held her as she cried I had the same wish but there had been no spark, the same spark I had gotten with Lucas. Eventually she pulled back. She wiped her face and took a breath. "So what are you going to do?"

"First things first we need to check into the hotel. Then I need to make a phone call or two." In the room I got out my laptop and dialed Paul Rutledge first. Despite the on again off again wonder about how committed he was to really making peace between dogs and wolves, I still called him a friend and trusted him to help.

"Luke, how can i help you?"

"Well. I am out in Arizona. I talked to a young man who was kidnapped, beaten and raped by two wolves." I said plainly. "Now I do have DNA courtesy of a rape kit at the hospital that I could trace to the two accused but I'd need their cooperation. I haven't talked to their alpha yet to get it."

"Okay. Since you are calling me I'm guessing there is some complication that you want to either warn me about or inquire about how I want to handle it."

"Yes. The young man in question is an omega, after talking to him before leaving him at the hospital, I shook his hand." I heard Paul sigh.

"Let me guess. You found another mate?"

"Yes."

"Well that does complicate it doesn't it. Damn. Was he attached to the pack at all?"

"No."

"Well law is clear on these charges, setting aside that you found out he was your mate after the fact. The law says kidnapping and rape are punishable of up to twenty years in prison. Had you known before the attack the sentence would be death. I'm going to enforce the maximum for this. Do they know you are in town?"

"Not as far as I know. I haven't contacted the alpha yet."

"I'm going to send four enforcers out to you. They'll escort the two back for their sentence and if they resist standard response is to kill them. I'll get them there by morning."

"Thank you Paul."

"I'm sorry Luke. It seems every time we are trying to make progress some dumb ass wolf goes and sets everything back. I'll give the enforcers your number so they call you when they hit town. What's the name of the town?" I gave him the information on how to find me. Hanging up with him I call Ian Winter, Iggy's dad.

"Hey there, Iggy tells me you are out of town again. You want me to go check on them for you?" I chuckled I'd asked it of him before.

"Actually I am hoping to get your help in another way. I flew out to Arizona to deal with an assault on a dog by a couple wolves. The wolf pack out here is, lets call them difficult." he chuckled. "I prefer not going onto their territory. I can find the alpha at his job. He just happens to work for a local factory, Winter Products, owned by WS INC."

"You don't say. Want me to have him fired?" I laugh.

"Maybe later. Actually I'm hoping you get me an in at the offices. I don't want him to know who I am and avoid me or go to pack land. If I'm just there at his work then I can talk to him before he can avoid me."

"Sure. I'll have an email sent out. To keep up the front you may have to take a tour of the factory before hand. I'll just say you are a special representative of mine. Anyone with you?"