Page 66

Monday morning I got up and after dealing with the babies I took the bassinet into my office and got to work. Emmy and Honey, Lucas and Angie, Mark, they were all in working with me. Don showed up every three hours with fresh warm bottles for the triplets. He'd turned the gym over to a pack member so he'd be home. The pack member was basically being hired as temporary manager until Don felt comfortable going back to work. Iggy was doing his normal thing floating around taking care of family and pack. Alex was visiting pack. Libby was out with a crew who showed up to start on the pond she wanted. Rance was with Coco. I was just thinking about lunch when I get a phone call I was not expecting.

"Luke how are you?" It was the principal from the elementary school. She was a sweet woman who looked like a wet dream and sounded like your favorite granny.

"I'm alright Madison. How are you doing?"

"Well I am having a good day despite it being Monday. The reason I'm calling is we had a bit of trouble and I wanted to see if you'd be able to come in about two thirty just as school lets out."

"I can do that but what's the trouble?"

"Kiara was causing a disturbance in the cafeteria today. I'll explain fully. Technically she was within her rights, she is an alpha and her siblings fall under her protection when at school. However it wasn't something I usually deal with in second graders. I just think we need to talk about it. Did you want me to keep all the kids here to ride home with you or send the others on in the bus?"

"Send them on the bus. I'll collect Kiara since she's in trouble."

"Not trouble really just a word of caution."

"Right. I'll see you about two thirty." I hung up and sighed. I knew that she'd have trouble, or rather be trouble, but I really wasn't expecting it to happen in second grade.

"Kiara in trouble?" Emmy asks frowning.

"Yes, well no. She gave me the impression it wasn't really trouble but she wanted to talk to me about it. Hopefully it's something we could handle with not a lot of problems."

"She's a good girl, if she did something I know it was justified." Honey says in no uncertain terms. I smile. She had a lot of faith in our alpha daughter.

"Speaking of our daughter and alpha's. I think little Ness is another alpha." Emmy says. That has my attention.

"Really?"

"Yes. I see the same kind of things in her that we saw in Kiara. She likes you, Don and surprise surprise Rance the best. Strong men who can protect her. The other two are happiest to sleep when she's in the bassinet." She explains. I get up and go to the bassinet and look down at my two daughters and son.

"If we get too many Alpha's in this house we'll have all kinds of fights." Mark says.

"I don't know. With Kiara as the eldest I think the others will look to her since she's the big sister. Oh I'm sure we'll have fights but not as many as we think, I bet." Angie says. Carmina opens her eyes and looks up right at me. I smile seeing her smile and wiggle. I can't resist picking her up and cuddling her. I sighed, today would be the first time I leave them home while I went out. Unfortunately I didn't think it would be the last. I took her with me back to my desk and held her while I worked. When two thirty came I put her back in her bassinet after a kiss and with reluctance headed into town. I found the principal in her office. She was in her characteristic cotton dress, barely constrained breasts under it. Her red hair up and pulled into a pony tail. She always wore flat white sandals, and she never wore makeup so the knock out features we saw were just her.