Page 33

My other mates are on their feet. The other four kids are herded up.

"Where would she have gone?"

"I don't know."

"Can you follow her link?" Iggy asked. I was alpha I should be able to. Pushing at her link I took off at a quick stride. Following it around the mall toward a back service entrance. I go in and see her there a fox pup next to her.

"It's alright, that's my daddy, he'll help." Kiara says quickly and keeps a hand on the pup so he doesn't run away. I go over and pull Kiara into my arms.

"You scared me out of a years life. What were you thinking wandering off like that?"

"I'm sorry daddy but he was playing and when he saw I was an alpha he took off. I had to make sure he was alright. He's all alone. We have to help him daddy." I crouched down the pup backed up a step. Kiara pulled from me to go over and kneel next to him.

"I promise he's not as scary as he looks. He'll help. He'll protect you. Will you shift back?" The pup slipped closer to her and shifted to a ginger haired little boy.

"Hi." I said softly. "What's your name?"

"Timmy." He says quietly. Someone hands me a set of clothes from Coco's diaper bag. I look up to see Honey. I hand the clothes to Kiara who gives them to Timmy. He slips them on but keeps Kiara between him and I.

"Timmy where are your parents?"

"They were killed by wolves. We were cutting through their territory. The wolves thought we were rogues and when daddy tried to protect mommy and I he was killed. Mommy tried to protect me and got killed too. I ran. I didn't want to die." He was crying quietly.

"I'm sorry that happened. Kiara is right I will protect you if you want. You are welcome with us. I'll keep you safe I promise."

"Swear to goddess." He tells me.

"I swear to goddess that I only want to protect you, and you will be safe with me." He hiccupped and ran into my arms.

"I've been so scared." I stood holding him gently. He was trembling as he cried.

"It'll be alright." I tell him. I turn to my mates and see them all frowning. Emmy comes over with some socks and slides them on his feet. I just keep him cuddled in my arms. Leaving the service hallway I head for the food court we could get a big table and get some lunch. As I sat I put him on my knee. He was looking at the others warily. Kiara was next to me.

"How old are you?"

"Five." He says leaning his head on my chest. Five years old and on his own already. "Are you going to be my daddy now?" He asked quietly. I looked around at my mates. They all nodded at me.

"Yes. I am. Is that okay?"

"Yes."

"Are you hungry? We were going to have pizza for lunch. It's a special family day. Do you like pizza?" He smiles and nods. Iggy and Don go to get plenty of food for us. I keep him in my lap and watch him eat piece after piece. I had a feeling it had been a while since he'd eaten well. After our lunch was gone I led them to a kids clothing store. I bought him some shoes. He smiled big as I told them they were all his. He could share clothes with the boys.

"Since you are going to be part of our family now, that means that Kiara will be your sister, and these will be your brothers this is LJ, Nate, and Ethan. The little girl is Coco."

"Hi." He says shyly, they all greet him.

"That's Lucian. He's Nate's mate. Do you know about mates?"

"Yes. Mama told me."