The CDC

"Daryl, cover the back." Rick ordered.

"Hello?" T-dog called as we walked into the reception area. 

"Hello?" Shane called.

"Watch for walkers." Jacqui's voice came.

"Hello?" Rick called into the emptiness.

"Anybody infected?" A man with a gun called over to us.

"One of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick informed the man.

"Why are you here? What do you want?" The man carried on pointing the gun at us.

"A chance." Rick responded.

"That's asking an awful lot these days." The mysterious man pointed out.

"I know." Rick nodded.

He looked at us. "You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission."

"We can do that." Rick agreed.

"You got stuff to bring in, you bring it now. Once this door closes, it stays shut." He warned us.

I looked up to my dad, I was about to go with him when he stopped me. "I'll get your stuff. Stay with your friend." Then him and some of the others went out.

Once all of the stuff had been brought in; the doors shut. "Vi, seal the main entrance and kill the power up here." The man said to the card swiping machine after swiping his card.

"Rick Grimes." 

"Dr Edwin Jenner."

We were in a lift, heading down I'm not sure how far. "Doctors always go around packing heat like that?" Dad asked.

"There were plenty left lying around. I familiarised myself." The doctor responded. "But you look harmless enough. Except you two boys, I'll have to keep my eye on you two, troublemakers." The doctor smiled at them as Carl and Jacob exchanged grins. Me and Sophia glanced at each other, trying not to laugh.

Carl and Jacob had become best friends much like me and Sophia had.

After getting out of the lift, we'd walked for a little while. "Are we underground?" Carol wondered.

"Are you claustrophobic?" Edwin asked.

"A little." Carol replied.

"Try not to think about." Edwin answered, carrying on leading us. We then entered a really large room. "Vi, bring up the lights in the big room." As the lights turned on, we were presented with a massive room, filled with loads of computers and other technology. "Welcome to zone five."

"Where is everybody?" Rick asked as we walked further into the room. "The other doctors, the staff?"

"I'm it." Edwin admitted. "It's just me here."

"What about the person you were speaking with? Vi?" Lori questioned.

"Vi, say hello to our guests." Edwin stated. "Tell them... Welcome."

"Hello, guests. Welcome." A robotic voice echoed around us.

"I'm all that's left." Edwin reminded us. "I'm sorry." Me and Sophia exchanged small glances, we had some hope that there would be people here to help us.

After blood tests, Edwin found out that we hadn't eaten in days, so he surprised us. He led us to a kitchen which had a large table. Then he helped us cook food, the adults had wine while me, Sophia, Jacob and Carl had lemonade. Carl sat between his parents, Carol had Jacob on her left and Sophia on her right while I sat between Sophia and Glenn.