154

Six months since Rick and Michonne imprisoned Negan in Alexandria. Five months since I left Alexandria and everyone in it. Five months since I cut myself off. Five months since I moved onto my farm.

I couldn't live in Alexandria knowing that Negan was living on the same grounds as me, breathing the same air as me. So, I located a farm that was a mere two hours from Alexandria. I had regular visitors, but I never visited them. I had my chickens, I had my crops, I had my books, I had my memories.

I had fields of flowers and wheat, large rows of tomatoes, carrots, beetroot, potatoes, salad leaves, peas, radishes, chilli, and courgettes

I had fields of flowers and wheat, large rows of tomatoes, carrots, beetroot, potatoes, salad leaves, peas, radishes, chilli, and courgettes. I even had apple trees and strawberry bushes. Most of the food I grew I gave away to my visitors, most of that ended up going to the Sanctuary because they couldn't grow their own food. I had a barn for my horse, but I'd fixed the fence so she was mostly outside. I named her Emily. A lake filled with fish which I swam in nearly every day, a large coop of chickens, a house that was nobodys but mine... What else did I need? Everyone disagreed with me moving out of Alexandria to live by myself, but my parents, Rick, Michonne, Rosita... They all knew that I wasn't a kid anymore. I had just turned twelve, but I was never a real kid anyways. I'd raised myself, I'd protected myself, I'd fed myself, I could live by myself. Eugene had even jazzed up the walkies so I could communicate with everyone.

Life was good.

I was sitting on my swinging chair on my porch, reading a book and eating an apple I'd grown myself. My walkie was next to me, when it suddenly turned on. I had my own station that people used specifically to contact me, but obviously I could tune into others if I wanted to communicate with them. "Princess, you fancy looking up from your book for me?" My dad's voice.

I looked to my walkie, before up to the path that led to the road. I saw a group of people with horses, two of them on motorbikes, so I turned on my walkie and spoke. "Who's with you, dad?" I smiled.

"Rick, Michonne, Sophia, Carl, Rosita, your mum, and Ezekiel." Dad listed.

"That's a lot of people." I pointed out, putting my book mark in.

"The deal was you except visitors whenever." Sophia's voice reminded me.

"You guys hungry?" I asked.

"Always." Carl's voice told me.

I laughed before heading into my house to start preparing snacks for everyone. I had eight plates out as I started frying eggs and cutting apples. I heard my front door open, most people went to put their horses in with mine, but since dad and Rosita were on bikes they came in straight away "Hi, mi amor." She said.

"Hi." I grinned. "What's with the mass visit?"

Dad sighed. "The bridge is down. It's too close to dark to start heading back now. We need a place to stay tonight."

"That's not a problem." I nodded. "The storm tear the bridge down?"

"Yea, probably." Dad nodded.

I hummed, putting the first few eggs on plates. "You guys been on a run today?"