The Not so Great Escape

It had been a couple days since the whole fight with Rodrick. I had seen Negan a couple times... But he didn't really talk to me. I'd been scouting exits, watching shifts, I wouldn't try to escape without my dad. I mostly spent my time with Jessie and with the workers. I found out most of the people didn't want to be there, they were only there to survive. Including Jessie. I'd seen Megan and Carlos, but they hadn't spoken to me again, they just watched me carefully. I hadn't been able to sneak away to see my dad, there seemed to always be a guard on that hallway.

Negan had given clear instructions I wasn't allowed to help with the work... Which sucked because I needed more time to talk to the workers. Form a union or something, I don't know. I knew Jessie would be finished with work, so I was walking down a corridor to go find him. Suddenly, I felt one arm go around my waist, another covered my mouth as I was lifted off the floor and pulled into someone's chest. 

I was about to try and fight back when I heard my dad speak in my ear. "Shh, baby, it's me, you gotta be quite. I'm gonna take my hand away now." Dad slowly removed his hand from my mouth, he was breathing quite deeply which told me he'd been running. "Good girl."

Dad let me stand on the floor, I instantly turned around and hugged him tightly. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, princess." He whispered. Good thing to note, he was wearing clothes! They were ugly though, like dirty, beige, joggers with a matching jumper. The jumper had an orange A spray painted on it.

"What's going on?" I asked quietly.

"We're getting out of here." Dad took my hand and we started walking quietly walking.

"Wait, I can't leave Jessie. Dad, most the people here don't want to be. They're here because they feel like it's the only way to survive." I explained.

"The only way we'll survive is if we get out of here right now." Dad responded. "We can't go back. If we're caught, I can't promise that I can keep you safe."

"Please, he's my friend." I begged.

"It's me or him, darling. I'm sorry." Dad stopped and turned to me.

"Well I'm obviously choosing you, but-" He cut me off.

"Then I don't want to hear anymore about it. I told you that I'll take you home and that's what I'm doing." Dad explained and we started walking again. I bit my bottom lip, I felt guilty about leaving Jessie... But I couldn't endanger my father like that.

We were standing around a corner. I was stood behind my dad while he was peaking to make sure it was clear. I heard foot steps behind me, I whizzed around and this got dad's attention. He got ready to knock the person out but paused his fist when he saw it was... The brunette woman? As in the woman who was with Dwight? She had make up on, her hair was done nice, she was in heels and a dress. "What the." I let out.

She glanced down at me, before speaking to my father. She spoke softly, quietly, with sympathy in her voice. "Go back while you still can. You know I did. Whatever he's done to you? There's more. There's always more. You won't get away. And when you're back, it'll be worse."

I looked up to my father, who just tightened his grip on my hand. "Come on." He whispered to me before pulling me around the corner and away from the woman. We found a door labelled "Exit", Dad peered through the window. He looked for a few seconds, before pushing the door open.

We then bolted over to the motorbikes. He let go of my hand to try and find a working one. The first one didn't work, so he tried the second. That's when I heard a door open, I turned and saw three men coming out, another door opened and two more men came from that door. "Dad." I let out, holding onto his shirt tightly. He turned to the exit and we saw two men coming around the corner. I realised this whole thing was a trap.