Route 23

When the group came back, they came back with bottles of coke, water and lemonade, cans of food and a map. Everyone came back safe. Everyone was in the barn now, standing around the food. Nobody wanted to be the first to dig in, but we were all starving... Sophia was sitting in the corner with Carl and they were sharing the applesauce I left over for them. It wouldn't be as filling as the food that they collected from the campervan though. The cars were where Aaron said they were, there was one five seater car and a campervan.

Rick turned to Aaron, holding one of the tins. "This... This is ours now."

Aaron nodded. "There's more than enough."

"It's ours whether or not we go to your camp." Rick pointed out.

"What do you mean? Why wouldn't we go?" Carl questioned.

"If he were lying, or if he wanted to hurt us... But he isn't, and he doesn't." Michonne answered for Rick. "We need this. So, we're going... All of us."

"I've already established that they're not cannibals so we're safe on that front." I crossed my arms over my chest with a small smile on my face. Dad scoffed out a laugh before pushing my face back so I fell into a hay bail. "Rude." I muttered, crossing my legs to get comfy because I frankly couldn't be bothered to get up.

"Somebody say something if they feel differently." Michonne continued.

Rick still looked conflicted so my dad spoke. "I don't know, man. This barn smells like horseshit."

"Yea." Rick agreed. "We're going." Rick then turned to Aaron. "So, where are we going? Where's your camp?"

"Well, every time I've done this I've been behind the wheel driving the recruits back." Aaron sat up straighter. "I believe you're good people. I've put my life on it, I'm just not ready to bet my friends' lives on it just yet."

"You're not driving." Michonne denied. "So, if you want to get home, you'll have to tell us how."

Aaron looked over to Rick who had grabbed the map. "Go North on Route 16."

"And then?" Michonne pushed.

"I'll tell you when we get there." Aaron assured us.

"We'll take Route 23 North." Rick decided. "You'll give us directions from there."

"That's... I don't know how else to say it- that's a bad idea. We've cleared 16." Aaron argued. "It'll be faster."

"We'll take 23." Rick responded. "We leave at sun down."

"We're doing this at night?" Sasha questioned.

"Look, I know it's dangerous. But, it's better than riding up to the gates during the day. If it isn't safe, we need to get gone before they know we're there." Rick defended.

"Nobody is going to hurt you." Aaron tried. "You're trying to protect your group but you're putting them in danger."

"Tell me where the camp is, we'll leave right now." Rick raised his eyebrows. Aaron shook his head and looked away, so Rick continued. "It's going to be a long night. Eat. Get some rest if you can."

Rick walked outside so I followed him. I found him doing something to the car, leaning in through the open door driving seat. "Hey, Mama Rick."

Rick turned to me, sitting on the seat with his legs outside the car so he was facing me. "I'm thinking you, me and Glenn drive with that guy. I think he likes you so he's less likely to try something with you in the car."

I nodded and looked down before meeting his eyes again. "When you said that we're going... Was that for real? Or are you just trying to get Aaron to tell you where the camp is? To take their supplies or something."