Double Trouble

"Okay, we got nappies but we could always use more. We've got some teething toys, a couple normal toys, we need clothing, blankets, bottles, a pram, a crib, one of them play station crib things, and everything that we've already got times two. Then double that number." Carl explained.

"Why do babies need so much crap." I complained.

"Well, according to the map, there should be a store specifically for babies. Right about..." Sophia trailed off, looking for the store as she drove. "Here." Sophia pulled to a stop. "I'll keep an eye on the road." Sophia said as we got out of the car and onto the street

"Okay, when me and Carl come back, me and you should go loot these stores. They're looking pretty good considering." I pointed out.

"Got it." Sophia nodded.

Carl broke off the lock to the shutter before pulling it up. We saw a couple walkers in there. I banged on the glass to get there attention before Carl picked the lock and opened it. He stabbed the first walker, I used my boomerang on the second. "Any other dead freaks in here?" I called out. We gave it a couple seconds, but with no response, we walked in.

I grabbed a basket as Carl spoke. "I'll get the cribs and prams. You get the other stuff."

"Aye, aye, captain." I responded. "Oh, that could also be a pirate joke due to the one eye."

Carl forced a sarcastic laugh. "You're hilarious."

"I know." I grinned. There was a whole rack of baby clothes. "Ah, screw it." I muttered. I grabbed every single item of clothing, filling four baskets worth before leaving them by the door for Sophia to take to the RV. I grabbed another basket and filled it with blankets. The sixth basket I filled with toys, the seventh I filled with dummies, the eighth I filled with bottles... The ninth I filled with protein bars and gum from around the counter.

I helped Carl carry another stroller box to the RV as I watched Sophia slice the head of a walker. "Did you grab everything in the store?" She asked.

"There's not a single item left in there." Carl responded. "I even found a loaded gun in the back room."

"After we grab whatever else we can from this street, we'll have to head back. I don't think the RV will be able to handle anymore." I pointed out. "Soph, you wanna help me while Carl guards the street?"

"Yea, sure." Soph agreed.

"Why do I have to guard the street?" Carl complained.

"Unless you wanna come tampon shopping?" I offered.

He paled. "No, you're good. I'll keep the street safe."

Me and Sophia laughed at him as we started the process again. We opened a shop called Super Smelling Soaps where three lovely smelling walkers came out. Sophia pulled out her two machetes and took out two at once, I threw my boomerang to take the head of the third.

We got so much stuff from the street, it was incredible. As soon as we could, we headed back to Hilltop to dispose of the baby stuff, some food, some clothing, sanitary products and other bits and bobs. 

As soon as we parked the RV, we were about to start grabbing the baskets which were under the floorboards when the door burst open. "Maggie's gone into labour!" Enid yelled at us. "She's asking where you three are!"

"Jesus shit." I let out.

"Ellie, you go. We'll start bringing in the baby stuff." Sophia pushed me out the RV. Enid grabbed my wrist and started pulling me into the house.

Enid pushed open the door where it was happening. "Maybe I should wait outside." I suggested at the sight.

"Ellie, get your ass in here!" Maggie yelled.

"Oh crap." I muttered. She pulled me to kneel on the bed by her side as she held me hand, squeezing it so tight I thought it would break. She had a nightgown on, Dr Ackles was between her legs with Enid... Doing doctor stuff, Glenn was on her other side.

"You're so strong, Maggie. You got this. Push, Maggie, you can do it. I love you." Glenn encouraged.

"Glenn, if you say another word I'm going to punch your jaw!" Maggie yelled, throwing her head back into the pillow. "This is your fault."

"I'm sorry?" Glenn let out, but when Maggie glared at him, he nodded, deciding not to say another word.

I tried not to complain at the pain my hand was in because I knew Maggie was in 100X worse pain. "The baby's crowning! Just a few more!" Dr Ackles encouraged. A few seconds later I could hear the wailing of the baby. "Almost got it!" The doc called out.

With one last scream, Maggie pushed out the baby. The doc wrapped the baby in a small blanket, before giving it for Maggie to put on her chest once Glenn undid the buttons on her nightgown. I leaned a little closer to look at it, but gagged and looked away. Maggie let go of my hand to hold her baby while she tried to breastfeed it. "You did amazing." Glenn whispered, kissing her forehead.

"It doesn't feel right." Maggie said. "Something... Something's not right."

The doc put his hand between her legs (while wearing gloves) and his eyes widened. "Twins. You're having twins."

"What?" Maggie and Glenn yelled.

"The second baby must have been hiding behind the first on the sonogram." The doctor said.

"Ellie, take the first baby." Maggie said.

"You what, now?" I asked as Glenn literally put the baby in my arms. Maggie's hand grabbed my knee this time. The baby was covered in blood, and white goopy stuff. My right arm was supporting the baby's head, my left was under it to keep it up. It had been wrapped in the blanket the whole time I saw it so only the doc and Enid knew the gender. I didn't care what it was, it still made me nearly gag again. It was wailing in my arms, Maggie was screaming as she gave birth to a second baby, I felt bad for feeling sick at the sight of the baby, and not to mention I was hungry.

My eyes widened as I watched Maggie give birth once again. I hated watching her in pain, so I looked down to the baby in my arms. For some reason, he'd stopped crying which made me panic, but I quickly realised he was still breathing and was in fact okay.

Me and Enid left Maggie, Glenn, the babies and the doctor alone. We'd been waiting in Maggie and Glenn's bedroom, just building the cribs, pacing and talking. "It's been an hour. Do you think they're okay?" Sophia asked.

"Don't know." I muttered.

"It's lucky you guys got multiple of everything." Enid said.

"We wanted to make sure they had the best things possible so we cleaned out the store." Carl pointed out.

Suddenly the door opened, and there stood Glenn. "You guys can come meet the babies now. Maggie's ready."

We opened the door. We saw the two Moses baskets on the other side of the room. Sophia, Carl and Enid went to see the babies. I sat next to Maggie. "How are you doing?"

She smiled, taking my hand. "I'm good. It hurt like a bitch, but the doc's giving me something for the pain. I needed a couple stitches, but I'm alright now."

"I'm so proud of you." I said softly.

"Thanks, honey." Maggie said quietly.

"What are their names?" Carl asked.

"Our little boy we called Hershel, and our little girl we called Beth." Glenn answered.

I smiled. "The O.G Hershel and Beth would've loved to see this. They'd be so proud of you too." Then Maggie started to cry. "Oh- shit, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry." 

"It's okay." Maggie smiled through the tears. "It's just the hormones."

"Do you want to go see them?" Maggie offered.

I bit my bottom lip. "Eh... Uhm... Babies aren't really my thing. I'm sure they're great though."

Glenn shook his head and laughed, before Sophia spoke. "They're so adorable. Look at their little cheeks."

"She's better with all types of people." I nodded.