Bad Things Always Happen

We were running through the forest when dad suddenly picked me up. "Hi, daddy." I said in shock since I wasn't expecting it.

"What happened?" He asked.

"With the Governor? He called me Penny; said I was his daughter." I responded.

Dad looked confused. "He-... What?"

"He's a bit of a nut." I nodded.

"Why you wearing that?" Dad asked. I shrugged. "Princess, I need you tell me."

"He said it was a gift. When I didn't wanna wear it, he hit me... To be fair the me trying to strangle him with a plastic bag probably didn't help. I wasn't going to kill him, but he didn't know that." I replied.

"We'll circle back to that. What else happened?" Dad pushed.

"Damnit, Daryl, be straight up with the girl." Merle shook his head. "Did the Governor touch you?"

"He hit me, touched my cheek and grabbed my hair. Other than that, no. He left the room when I changed as well, cause I pissed him off." Dad sighed in relief. I realised what he was panicking about so I hugged him tightly.

"Are you alright, darling?" Dad whispered.

I sighed quietly, clinging onto him tighter. "I'll be fine."

"Glenn!" Rick called when we got closer to where we left the car.

"Rick! Rick! Rick!" Glenn repeated as he and Michonne entered the forest. "Oh, thank god."

"Now, we got a problem here. I need you to back up." Rick ordered.

Glenn raised his gun, Michonne raised her katana, dad put me on the floor so he could concentrate, and I was out of the line of fire, just in case. "He tried to kill me!" Michonne yelled. Glenn and Michonne had noticed Uncle Merle and they didn't seem happy.

"Woah, woah, woah." Rick tried as Maggie, dad and he stood in front of Glenn and Michonne.

"He helped us get out of there, drop it." Dad ordered Glenn.

"Oh yea, right after he beat the shit outta you." Rick added.

"Hey, we both took our licks, man." Merle defended.

"Jackass." Dad shook his head. I was just standing to the side, watching the encounter.

"Hey, shut up." Merle ordered my dad who rolled his eyes.

"Enough!" Rick yelled at Merle. Michonne took this as an opportunity to go closer with her katana. "Hey, back up!"

"Man, get that thing out of my face!" Dad yelled at Glenn.

Merle laughed. "Man, looks like you've gone native, brother."

"No more than you, hanging out with that psycho back there." Dad angrily responded.

"Oh yea, man. He is a charmer, I got to tell you that." Merle said before turning to Michonne. "Been putting the wood to your girlfriend Andrea. Big time, baby." Merle made a weird tone and stuck his tongue out slightly.

"Your niece is right there." Rick pointed at me as I looked at my uncle confused.

"You ain't given her the talk yet?" Merle laughed at my dad.

"Shut up, man!" Dad yelled at him.

"You know Andrea?" Glenn changed the subject, looking at Michonne. "Andrea's in Woodbury?"

"Right next to the Governor." Dad responded.

"But she didn't like what was happening. She tried to help." I pointed out.