Quick Stops

After taking all our food and some other supplies back to Alexandria, we headed to the Hilltop. Carl had been patched up by Tara in Alexandria, so all was well with him. We were giving Hilltop guns, a few bombs and we were bringing Maggie a small but pretty picture frame to put her sonogram of the baby in. The gate to Hilltop opened, and Sophia drove us in. When she stopped, I opened the front door and was instantly greeted with Glenn. "Hi." I smiled at he pulled me in for a hug.

"You're all safe?" He asked, keeping an arm around me as we walked in. He hugged Sophia but gave Carl a fist pump which made me and Sophia laugh.

"Yep. All good." Carl nodded.

"We didn't run into anything for the baby yet, but that's our next priority." Sophia stated.

"Thank you, because the baby is due next month." Glenn ran a hand through his hair.

"You excited?" I asked, starting to grab the boxes of stuff from the hidden space under the floorboards. 

"Mostly nervous, but yea. I'm excited. I found the right person to do it with." Glenn smiled, he wasn't looking at any of us, we could tell he was thinking about Maggie.

"You remember back on the farm when I told you that I knew you liked Maggie, and you told me that I was wrong." I smirked, handing him a box that was half filled with guns and ammo.

His face lit up at the haul, before he let out a laugh. "So, you kind of owe me the biggest I told you so ever."

I hummed as Sophia spoke. "We're just glad that everything's working out for you guys. With this stuff, and whatever we get on the next run. I don't see us losing this fight."

Just then, Maggie came in with a rather large stomach. "Woah, you've gotten bigger." Carl let out.

"Carl." Sophia slapped his arm.

"Ow." Carl complained rubbing his arm.

"Thanks, Carl." Maggie deadpanned, glaring at him.

"I meant it in a good way. You'll have a healthy baby... But, damn." Carl said, staring at the basketball size lump under her shirt.

"After watching what happened with Lori... I'm a little nervous." Maggie admitted. My eyes flickered to Carl as he briefly looked down to the ground.

"You'll be okay, Maggs." Sophia smiled reassuringly.

Maggie rested her hand on Sophia's shoulder. "Thanks, sweetheart. We're just glad you three are okay. We talk about you all everyday."

"I don't know if that's reassuring or not." I commented. "Have some faith in us, we're way to awesome to die." I scoffed, handing her the photo frame. "We got that for the sonogram."

"Awh, thank you." Maggie smiled, running her fingers along the edges.

"Is Enid here?" Sophia asked.

"She's with Jesus in the house." Maggie nodded.

"I'll see you guys in a bit." Sophia said, before leaving the RV and practically running to the house.

"Well, this was only meant to be a quick stop, but okay." Carl nodded. I just shrugged.

"Why don't you kids stay here tonight? It'll be nice to spend time with you again. It ain't the same you know." Glenn commented.

Me and Carl exchanged glances. "The king is expecting us tonight." I stated.

"They can wait until tomorrow, right? Please?" Maggie dragged out.

"You can't say no to a pregnant lady." Carl said to me.