Strung Up

Mrs Tanner

Ben Tanner

Ben Tanner

----------

----------

"Nope. I don't wanna go. I'm not going. Can't do it. Won't do it. Sounds like a terrible idea." I told everyone, walking downstairs and entering the living room after getting ready for school in the bathroom.

"Ellie, school isn't that bad." Carl told me.

"Easy for you to say. You make friends, you're smart, some people think you're cool." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"You think I'm cool?" Carl asked.

"Course not, you're a loser but I love you anyways." I shrugged. Carl laughed and shook his head.

"Mi amor, everyone has to go to school. It's only four hours anyways, instead of the normal six." Rosita comforted me.

"Why do I need school anyways? When am I ever going to need to know how to add fractions together, or know how to write a narrative story? I'm gonna spend the rest of my life gathering supplies. And, by rest of my life- I mean probably the next six to eight months, I really don't see my life span being that long." I ranted.

"Don't talk like that, Ellie. I don't wanna hear that crap again, you're going to school. That's final." Dad ordered before leaving the house.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the mat." I complained.

"You're his daughter, he doesn't want to hear about you dying. None of us do. So, take your lunch and go do math." Rosita handed me a brown paper bag.

"Y'all get real pressed over a joke." I sighed. "Wish me luck in Hell."

"Good luck." Mum called with a teasing look on her face. I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face before leaving the house. 

I walked pretty much to the other side of Alexandria and saw that Ben and Sam were already in there. "Heads up, it's the freak." Ben commented. Sam laughed but the lady glared at him.