Home Sweet Home

I'd fallen asleep in the car. I woke up when I was gently being placed on my bunk in the prison. I turned around and saw Glenn. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you. Ya fell asleep on Michonne in the car, so I figured I'd bring you to bed."

"I didn't mean to fall asleep." I said tiredly, grabbing Teddy. I lay on my side, facing Glenn and his pretty beaten-up face.

"You don't have to apologise." Glenn said softly, brushing some hair outta my face. "I saw the ball on the way in here. I can't wait to teach you." I smiled at him before it faltered again. "What's wrong, kiddo?"

"It's my fault." I whispered.

"What is?" Glenn asked.

"You and Maggie-" I started.

"No, Ellie, no. You did what I told you to do. I'm proud of you for that. Whatever me and Maggie went through is not your fault." Glenn interrupted.

"Maggie was wearing your shirt, and you were beaten like hell." I said as tears filled my eyes.

Glenn nodded. "That wasn't your fault. And you helped save us, right?"

"Oscar got shot covering me. He's dead because of me. We can't even bury him; we left his body there." I cried. "It's my fault he's dead, isn't it."

"No, hey. It's not. Come here." Glenn picked me up and he sat on Sophia's bunk. I sat on his lap as he held me, rocking me back and forth as I cried quietly.

"You and Maggie got hurt, Oscar died, daddy's gone. What am I supposed to do now?" I asked.

"You keep being a kid. You play with Sophia and Carl. I'll teach you basketball. None of it was your fault, bad things happen to good people. That's all." Glenn kissed my head.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Glenn." I said quietly.

"You have nothing to apologise for." Glenn whispered.

I noticed Rick standing in the doorway. I looked up to him as I was crying. He stared at me for a little before a strange look took over his expressions and he walked away. "You should go get checked out with Hershel." I said.

"I shouldn't leave you." Glenn responded.

"I'm okay. I wanna check in with Carl anyway." I stated, wiping my face.

"Are you sure?" Glenn replied.

I nodded before leaning up and gently placing a kiss on his cheek. I smiled at his smile before I got up and went to find Carl, taking Teddy with me. I found him in his cell. He was laying on the bottom bunk, his arms tucked behind his head and his sheriff's hat, covering his face. "Carl?" I asked quietly.

He sat up, putting the hat onto his head. "Yea, Ellie?"

"How you doing?" I asked, walking into the room and sitting next to him.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Carl responded.

I shook my head. "You lost your mum."

"And you just lost your dad." Carl retorted.

"I'm used to it." I shrugged. 

"You don't look use to it." Carl indicated to my face.

"Gee, thanks." I scoffed, wiping my face again.

"Why you wearing that?" Carl asked.

I sighed. "Long story... Really, how you doing?"

"It was a girl. The baby. She doesn't have a name."

"Maybe you should name her." I shrugged.

"Why? She's dead."

"Doesn't matter. Giving her a name might help." I pointed out.