Meet me Half Way

Michonne and a couple of the others had come back... But, without Glenn. They got separated and had no idea where he was. I was standing by Michonne when I heard her walkie talkie. It was Sasha's voice. "We might need some help over here. They're getting a little sloppy."

"Okay, plan A point five is ago." I said once I had taken the walkie talkie

"Plan A point five?" Abraham's voice questioned from over the radio.

"It's not a plan B, but it's not ideal either. Mum knows about it. Radio your location when we're closer." I told them.

They told me and mum their location and we were about five minutes away. She was driving me in the car while I held the megaphone in my hand. "You sure about this?" Mum questioned.

"It'll be fine. We gotta keep them from getting sloppy or they could build up on the walls." I replied. She hummed and nodded, we sat in silence for a couple minutes until I broke it. "Why'd you leave the prison? You said you'd tell me another time... It's been a few weeks. Probably just over a month since we met up again after Terminus."

Mum nodded. "I killed Karen and David. Back at the prison? I was trying to stop the illness before it could spread. They were pretty much dead already because they wouldn't have lived long enough to get the cure you brought back."

"That doesn't explain why you left. You don't sound like you feel bad about it." I commented.

"I did what had to be done... I left because Rick found out. He said he wouldn't be comfortable letting me live under the same roof. Although, after Terminus he apologised. He knew he was in the wrong for sending me away." Mum told me. "Do you think what I did was wrong?"

"You thought you could stop the spread. Stop all those people from dying. I see your reasons, hell, these days I'd probably have done the same thing." I responded.

"Why do you keep track? Of all the people you've killed?" She questioned me.

I sighed. "Seventy eight. I've taken away seventy eight lives... All of them needed to be done but it's still murder. There was a time where I was against the death penalty and now I'm the reason seventy eight people are dead."

"It's always been in self defence though, Ellie. Even Adam. What you did for him saved him from further pain. Terminus would've killed more people. That boy from the bridge? I just wish you would've made him suffer more." Mum explained.

"They weren't all killed in self defence." I admitted. "Nicholas. When you're helping round up the bodies you'll notice he has a gun shot would and not a slash or a gash."

"Nicholas would've gotten somebody else killed." Mum stated.

We waited on the road until in the horizon we saw a motorbike next to a car and behind was a herd of walkers I couldn't even see the end of. "You better go. Your engine could lead them back to Alexandria." I said getting out of the car and taking my megaphone with me.

"Be careful." Mum warned.

"Yea, you too." I agreed as mum performed a U-turn before driving off.

The vehicles finally got close enough and I started heading to get into the car before Abraham stopped me. "It'll be easier if you're on the back of Daryl's bike, little one." As Abraham talked to me through the open window I had to walk backwards because they couldn't stop their engines.

I rolled my eyes. "Do I have too, big one?"

"Make spending time with your father sound like a chore why don't you." Dad spoke sarcastically from his bike.