Red Cars

Me and Sophia were sitting on some swinging double chair that was outside the RV. I'm not sure why it was there... Maybe Hershel gave it to us for extra seating. Carl was sitting on the floor, facing me and Sophia as we were all talking. That's when Beth came over to us. "Hi, kids. What ya doing?" She smiled, I noticed she had a book in her hand.

"Just talking. Wanna join us?" Carl asked. Me and Sophia smirked at each other, we knew Carl had a bit of a crush on Beth.

"Actually, I just came over to give you guys this book. It's pretty good. I'm not sure if any of y'all are into reading?" Beth asked.

"I am. I used to have loads of books back where I used to live, but I didn't have room to pack them." I replied.

"Here, you can have this one. I figured you guys are missing out on a lot of school." Beth laughed as she handed me the book.

"Thanks." I smiled, reading the name which was Beautiful Creatures.

"See ya later, kids." Beth started walking away.

"Bye, Beth." Carl called after her with a hopeful smile, she turned and waved before being back on her way. Carl's eyes never left Beth, as long as she was in eye line.

"Awh, Carl has a crush." Sophia teased.

"No, no. He's in love." I corrected as me and Sophia laughed.

"Am not." Carl denied.

"Sure, buddy." Sophia grinned.

Carl cleared his throat. "So, you got a book?"

"Yea, it looks good. It kinds smells like Beth." I stated.

"Can I smell?" Carl took the book off me and sniffed it. "No, it doesn't." Carl furrowed his eyebrows causing me and Sophia to burst out laughing.

"Walker!" Andrea yelled from the top of the RV.

We looked over to the other side of the field and saw a walker liming into view. "Just the one?" Rick asked, coming over.

Andrea looked through the binoculars. "I bet I can nail it from here."

"No, no. Andrea, put the gun down." Rick ordered.

"You best let us handle this." Shane said as him and T-dog came over with bats in their hands.

"Shane, hold up. Hershel wants to deal with walkers." Rick reminded his friend.

"What for, man? We got it covered." Shane said dismissively. 

"Damnit." Rick let out as he also got a weapon. Rick, T-dog, Glenn and Shane started running across the field to get to the walker.

Andrea raised her gun again. "My dad said to let them handle this." Carl reminded her.

"Carl, you're a kid, okay? Let the adults handle this." Andrea got on her stomach to get a better shot. We watched as the men stopped in front of the walker, not doing anything. The walker also stopped? Walkers don't stop when there's food right in front of them.

"Andrea, don't." Dale tried.

"Stay outta this, Dale." Andrea ordered before pulling the trigger.

"No!" We heard Rick yell; we saw the men waving their arms in a stop motion. "Stop!"

"It's not a walker." Sophia realised.

"Dad!" I yelled, suddenly realising he was the only one still out looking for Jacob. I got up from my seat, went around Carl and started running. I was used to running by now, and I was fast. I bolted across that field as fast as I could. My feet hitting the floor again, and again, and again. Tears stung my eyes, but I didn't want to let them fall. I froze when I saw Rick and Shane carrying my dad who had his eyes closed. I was about ten feet away when I saw my dad covered in blood, with his eyes closed, not moving.