Home Again

Easy Street suddenly stopped blasting my ears. A man walked in and grabbed my arm, barely giving me enough time to stand as he dragged me out of my cell. I could see my father further up the corridor, being pushed along by Dwight. We were taken outside and thrown in the back of a black van. I instantly scrambled to my father who pulled me into his lap and squeezed me tightly. "You're okay." He whispered.

"Are we going back?" I asked my father.

He hummed, pushing fallen strands of hair out of my face. "I think so."

"But it's only been five days, not seven." I pointed out.

Before my father could say anything else, Jessie was thrown into the back of the van. The doors slammed shut. "Ellie?" Jessie asked, moving to sit up instead of being sprawled on the floor.

"Hi, Jessie." I smiled slightly. "This is my father. Daryl. Dad, meet Jessie."

"Hi, Mr Daryl." Jessie held out his hand for my father to shake.

Dad furrowed his eyebrows at the boy's gesture but moved to shake his hand. "Hi."

"He helped me when I had to fight that guy. Told me where your cell would be. If it wasn't for him, you'd probably be dead right now." I informed my father.

Dad grunted and nodded. "Thanks for helping my girl."

"It's quite alright, sir." Jessie responded.

"Indiana?" Dad guessed at the sound of Jessie's accent.

"Close. Illinois. Born and raised. You?"

"Moved around a lot. Spent the last fifteen years before the fall in Georgia though. Atlanta, mostly." Dad replied.

"Look at you two. Besties already." I grinned, leaning further into my father as we heard the engine start and the van began to move.

After a long drive, which I slept through most of due to the fact I hadn't been able to sleep basically the whole time I've been here... We were finally at Alexandria. I didn't want to know how they already knew the location of our home. We were pulled from the van and forced to stand with the other saviours. There had to be at least eighty, and I couldn't even see everyone. Me, Jessie and my dad stood at the front while Negan approached the shut gate. 

"Dun, dun, dun, dun." He sung out like this was a freaking movie. He knocked Lucille on the gate three times. "Little pig, Little pig! Let me in!" He sung out to whoever was on gate duty. It didn't take long for the fabric covering which was there simply for privacy was pulled back, it revealed Spencer behind the barred actual gate. "Well?" Negan pushed.

Spencer glanced at all the trucks behind him, not noticing the group of people (us), who were to the left of the gate. I could see him, but he hadn't noticed me yet. "Uhm... Who are you?"

"Oh, you better be joking." Negan grinned manically. "Negan." He pointed to himself with his bat, before raising it slightly. "Lucille. I know I had to make a pretty strong first impression." Negan kept his smile while Rick approached Spencer, standing to his side, also not noticing us due to the angle. "Well, hello there." Negan greeted, I then saw Rosita stand a little behind Rick. "Do not make me have to ask."

"You said a week. You're early." Rick stated, moving to open the gate.

"I missed you." Negan smirked. I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not. "And so did she." Negan indicated to me with the bat. "Come on over here, Ellie. Greet your people."

I looked to dad who nodded, I grabbed Jessie's wrist and pulled him with me as I ran over. Rosita quite literally pushed Rick out of the way to wrap her arms around me. I let go of Jessie to hug her too. "I missed you, mi amor." She whispered to me. I felt Rick's hand touch the top of my head.