Fight or Flight

My eyes widened at Adam's confession. "They're... Uhm... They're what?"

"They think if they eat enough human meat, they'll become immune to walkers. It's too late for me, but you can still get outta here. Please, kill me and run." Adam begged.

"I can't kill you-" I started.

"You'll be putting me outta my misery. They're gonna kill me once they can't eat anymore of me anyways. Please, Ellie." Adam begged, tears in his eyes. "I wanna die."

I walked over and sat next to him. "That day... I took you out of the prison. I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"I survived the walkers because of you. Learnt to avoid them. I wasn't too cocky. You got me this far... Now, I need you to save me again. I can't take any more of this. Please, Ellie. They'll be back any second." Adam begged me. "Please."

I slowly pulled me gun from my belt and just held it in my hand, staring at the boy. "I should've been nicer to you. You were always good to me, Adam."

"I knew you liked me." Adam smiled, a big, happy smile.

I scoffed out a laugh. "What's not to love?"

"In another life. Me and you." Adam grinned.

"Me and you." I laughed. "Hey, come here." I smiled, leaning forward and placing a lingering kiss on his cheek. While he was distracted, I felt his eyes close, his lips curve into a smile. I aimed my gun at his temple, without him knowing, and pulled the trigger. A sob escaped my lips as I got up and left without looking back at him. I didn't want to see what I'd done, what he begged me to do.

I pocketed my gun and started running to the back exit of the warehouse. "What happened!" I heard Sandy scream before I escaped that room. 

I could hear very loud gunfire, as I was running, I turned. I saw men on roofs aiming at me! That was quick, I literally escaped a minute ago. I ran into one of the buildings for cover. I looked and saw that there were tables and tables of just... Stuff. Mostly weapons. I could hear men yelling so I barricaded the door with a chair by lodging it under the handle.

I ran forward. An evil plan struck up in my head. I wanted revenge. I wanted payback for what they did to Adam. I noticed a machine gun and a small rocket. I found a black bandana I tied around my face, covering everything under my eyes. I was about to leave the room when I saw a yellow raincoat. I grabbed it before abandoning the room. I put on the raincoat and hid the rocket in one of the pockets. I blended in with other people who were running with guns.

"We got an escaped girl! Spanish! About 5'2! She's got a grey top on! Light blue jeans! Shoot on sight!" Was said over the loudspeakers. I went with the group of about five, they didn't notice me at the back. While they went right, further into Terminus, I made a break for the wall which was left. Nobody had seen me; I scaled another pipe that was keeping the wall up before jumping down. I hissed at the pain in my leg but ignored it as I ran off.

I ran into the woods; I noticed a lone walker making its way to Terminus. I shot it in the head before my plan was in action. I reached under my coat and pulled out my pocketknife, I cut a slit, all the way down his chest. I took a deep breath before reaching in and smearing the guts all over the yellow coat. I refused to get it on my usual clothes. I put the guts all over the yellow hood which I kept up, all over my arms, back and front. I was covered. I stunk.

I abandoned the walker before going around the woods until I had a good vantage point. I could see the herd of walkers from earlier approaching where there were fences instead of walls of Terminus. They must have been attracted by the gunfire. I smirked, laying down on my front and looking through the scale on the gun. A zoomed in version showed me what looked like an oil tank. An evil idea slipped into my mind before I put the small rocket in the front of the gun. With the walkers banging on the fence, about fifteen feet away, I aimed the gun at the oil tank. I took a deep breath. One chance to get this right. One chance to get justice for Adam. I pulled the trigger.