Lost Friends and New Friends

I slowly took my hands off my ears and opened my eyes. I stared at the door. I heard a car engine drive away, but I didn't move. I was too scared to move. If I went out there and found out that Maggie and Glenn were gone? That would be on me and I didn't want to face that ugly truth.

I sat there for a few minutes before I heard footsteps. I grabbed my gun with shaky hands and raised it towards the door. The handle was slowly pushed down before the door opened at a snail's pace. I saw a woman. She had dark skin, dreadlocks in her hair as well as a headband, the woman also had what looked like a sword on her back, she was wearing skinny jeans and I could see that she'd been injured as she had a deep and bloody cut on her leg. "Did you take my friends?" I asked.

She shook her head. "No. But, I know who did."

"Will you help me get them back?" I asked. She nodded. "How do I know I can trust you?"

She suddenly kicked something into the room. The basket full of medicine. "I could've taken your supplies and ran... I'm Michonne."

I lowered my gun. "I'm Ellie... You're hurt. What happened?"

"I'll tell you another time. You got any bandages?" Michonne questioned.

"No, surprisingly the pharmacy is out of that." I shook my head, glancing at her cut again. "But where I'm staying we have bandages. Someone who can fix you up real good as well."

"You seem hesitant." Michonne commented.

"I'm not supposed to talk to strangers. And Rick wouldn't like it if I brought you back." I replied.

"Well, should we let Rick decide that for himself? I can help you find your friends." Michonne reminded me.

"One question. Who plays Captain America in Marvel?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Chris Evans." Michonne furrowed her eyebrows.

I smiled and stood up, putting my gun away. "Do you think he's attractive?"

"That's two questions." Michonne deadpanned but I raised my eyebrows. She rolled her eyes with a small hint of a smile playing at her lips. "Yes. I think he's attractive."

"It's official. You're trustworthy." I commented, picking up the basket and the ball Glenn had shown me before he vanished along with Maggie. "Do you need help walking? I'm pretty good at that since I helped my friend Sophia who broke her ankle when we were lost in the woods."

"I should be okay. But, we should probably get walking now." Michonne said, heading out of the shop.

"Okay, let me know if you need anything." I responded, leading the way. I slowed my pace when I realised that she was struggling to keep up.

About an hour later, we made it back to the prison. I headed over to the gap in the fence and started to unlock it when suddenly I saw Rick and Carl running down the gravel path between the two fences. "Ellie, behind you!" Carl yelled.

I turned around to see that me and Michonne were slowly being surrounded. They must've smelt the blood coming from Michonne's leg. Michonne pulled out her katana and started holding them off. "Ellie, where's Glenn and Maggie?"

"I don't know, somebody took them." I responded.

"Took them?" Carl repeated.

Rick opened up the rest of the hole in the fence and pulled me through before grabbing the basket and the ball. "Rick, help her! She's my friend!" I yelled as the walkers surrounded her. She went delirious, before falling onto the ground, unconscious. "Rick, help her!"

Carl shot the walkers that went to close to her. "Damnit." Rick let out before opening up the hole in the fence, shooting more surrounding walkers and picking her up. Rick brought her back through the fence so she was safe as Carl did up the hole again so no walkers could get in. "How'd she get hurt?"