That's What I Want to See

**3rd person POV**

"Ellie, come down for breakfast!" Sophia called from the kitchen.

"She's always doing things last minute." Carl chuckled.

Rosita nodded. "Always has."

"I mean, does she not want breakfast?" Maggie laughed.

"She does, she just likes making a dramatic entrance." Rick scoffed.

"Ellie, come on, sweetheart!" Carol called. Her husband, Ezekiel, laughing next to her.

"RJ, Coco, please don't throw the dolls at each other." Michonne laughed.

"Yea, and Hershel start eating, would you? You complained all morning about how hungry you are." Maggie grinned at her son.

"But I wanna play with Coco and RJ." Hershel sighed. "But this bacon does look really good."

Ellie was upstairs, making sure her dress looked pretty in the mirror. Ever since Rosita told her that she should wear dresses more often, she's been doing it. Ellie walked down the stairs with a bright smile on her face. "Finally." Rick laughed.

"Happy third birthday, baby." Sophia smiled, picking up her daughter so they could go and join everyone around the table.

"I was making sure I looked pretty." Ellie shrugged.

Everyone laughed, but Ben was first to speak. "Happy third birthday, kid."

"Thanks, uncle Ben." Ellie smiled at him. Although, Ellie was Ben's biological daughter, he was happy to just be an uncle to the girl. That's what him and Sophia wanted. "Want some bacon, grandpa?" The toddler offered her grandfather the bowl which she had to pick up with both her little hands.

"Yes, please, baby." Daryl grinned, taking the bowl before she could drop it in the eggs. He had to take his hand away from his girlfriend's, Connie, to grab the bowl. However, he went straight back to having their fingers interlocked. The two were in love, and there was nothing that could change that.

It had been five years since Ellie Dixon died. She died saving the lives of her family. It was later discovered that if it wasn't for Ellie? And everything that she did that day? Then two hundred innocent people would've died, along with her family. Ellie Dixon died a hero. She may have had a short life, but she had a meaningful one. In eighteen years she was abused in ways that you can't even imagine, but she saved the lives of hundreds of people. She wanted to see Sophia become a mother. She wanted to watch Coco, Hershel and RJ grow up. She wanted to see Ezekiel and Carol get back together. She wanted her father to finally admit to Connie that he liked her. She didn't get to do any of that, but it all happened because of her.

Later that day, Sophia and her little girl Ellie went for a walk in Alexandria. "Howdy, neighbours." Eugene grinned as he and Stephanie passed them with their four year old daughter named Emily. It was the closest name to Ellie, and they knew that Sophia wanted to name her own child after Ellie, so they stayed respectful of that.

"Happy birthday, Ellie." Her best friend wished to her.

"Thanks, Emily." Ellie hugged her tightly. The two girls were as thick as thieves. Best friends destined to cause mischief. 

As Sophia and Ellie's walk continued, they passed Negan. "Morning, Ellie Belly. Sophia." He grinned at the girls.

"Good morning, Negan." Ellie replied. Ellie didn't know the stories yet, she would one day though. However, she had inherited her mothers kind, loving and forgiving nature.

They also passed Finn who was sitting on a bench. He was too deep into reading the book Beautiful Creatures to notice the two. He had never moved on from Ellie. Still, five years later, he looked for joy in books instead of people. Finn was still a generally a kind, happy and respectful person... But something changed in him when he saw Daryl walk through the gates of Alexandria was Ellie in his arms, wrapped in a blanket.