Take me to Church

A group had gone out to find and kill the people from Terminus. While they were gone: me, Rosita, Sophia, Carl, Gabriel, Tyreese and Bob had locked ourselves in one of the back rooms. We weren't allowed to have any candles or torches on from inside the church because we had a plan. There was a reason the front doors were unlocked but the door keeping out the people from Terminus was locked. We were all spread out around the room. I had my gun in my right hand while with my left hand I was slowly and softly running my fingers over my bandage which was securing the bite on my arm.

A few minutes had passed since our group left when we heard the front door open again. We heard footsteps; they were trying to be silent but every noise echoed in the silent church. "Well, I guess you know we're here." Gareth's voice bounced off the walls and hit my ears. My breath caught in my throat and I looked over to Sophia who was already staring at me with fear in her eyes. Without moving my feet, I slowly rose off the ground so I was standing, ready to fight if need be. Gareth continued. "And we know, you're here... And we're armed. So there's really no point in hiding anymore... We've been watching you." Gareth told us as the footsteps grew closer.

"Locked?" Carl whispered to me from where he stood a few feet to my left. I slowly nodded.

"We know who's here." As Gareth spoke, I was wondering if they got to us would they eat us on site or take us somewhere, cook us, then eat us. "There's Bob... Unless you put him out of his misery already. And Eugene, Rosita, Tyreese... Of course the kids: Carl, Sophia and Ellie. How are you, Ellie? I told Bob the pretty ones taste better, and he has no idea how right I am. I can't wait to get another taste of you!"

Rosita took a couple steps towards the door. "No." Eugene whispered and grabbed her wrist. Rosita looked so angry she could kill... And put her in a room with Gareth, she would kill him. Right now though, Gareth had the upper hand. Luckily, since Rosita's footsteps were on carpet, they didn't echo throughout the whole church. 

"Rick and the rest walked out... With a lot of your guns." Gareth continued to call, as if anyone cared about what he had to say. "Listen, we don't know where you all are but this isn't a big place. So, let's just stop this now before things get more painful than they need to be."

After ten seconds of silence, the door handle started to jiggle by my left hip. My eyes widened as I stared at it. "It's locked." I heard a man say from just outside the door. He hadn't spoken yet, but I recognised his voice from earlier in the night.

"Look, you're behind one of these two doors and we have more than enough firepower to take down both. Can't imagine that's what y'all want." Gareth informed us and we heard a gun cock that echoed throughout the previously holy building. "How about the priest? Father, you help us wrap this up we'll let you walk away from this. Just open the door and you can go. You can take Carl and Sophia with you... Not Ellie unfortunately, I gotta have another taste of her." I could practically hear Gareth's grin. I cringed at the thought and my stomach churned. I closed my eyes and bowed my head, not wanting to look at my family's reactions to the statement.  "What do you say?" Gareth offered.

Now, I'm not saying that it's Bob's fault. The man was ill, dying even. But, when he coughed in his sleep I wanted to whack his bald head. Once again, not blaming him, but I did have to refrain from throwing a Bible at him. "Shh." Tyreese let out as he was next to the sleeping Bob.

We heard another gun cock. "Well, we know exactly where you are. So, this is your last chance. Right now. Tell us you're coming out and we'll kill you quick."

None of us moved. Carl reached over and grabbed my hand, making me move away from in front of the door. I then caught on and signalled everyone to move away from the door in case they started firing at it... Which they probably would. It was the smart thing to do from their perspective.