Y1 Vol4: Memento Praeterita

It's been a good 18 hours since the end of our special exam, i woke up once again to the sight of karma and lelouch arguing.

*Ring*

A ringing sound comes from my phone as i stood outside in the hallways, i expected the message to be from ryuuji or yuuichi wanting to hang out but i was shocked to find the sender be my very own class teacher.

S: How do you do ayanokoji-kun, are you free?

K: sensei...yeah i am what's up

S: heh nothing, just come to room 401 real quick.

K: okay

I quickly madr my way to the fourth floor of the ship, in it are many rooms, mainly used for entertainment like pin ball or arcades.

I find room 401 and i open the door to find a cinema with barely any people in it.

I spot a young woman wearing a lab coat at the very first row, i approch her and say.

"hey"

She turns her head and says

"yo-ho ayanokoji-kun!!"

I nod and sit beside her, a movie that looks to be a romance one plays on screen, most of the audience is couples, i wonder if being with sensei looks suspicious.

"hey ayanokoji-kun" hiratsuka-sensei says in a very calm tone, different from her usual one.

"yes sensei?"

"oh just call me hiratsuka will you, we're not in class, you're not my student and i am not your teacher, we're simply hiratsuka shizuka and ayanokoji kiyotaka"

"very well"

"say, do you know of the story of orpheus?"

"i do, what of it?"

"what's your opinion on it? More particularly what's your opinion of orpheus himself?" she asked with a somber smile upon her face, i never noticed it until now but hiratsuka-sensei is extremely gorgeous, i am sure she was loved by everyone back in her highschool days like ayano.

I took a breath and said.

"i think it's a beautiful story, orpheus's journey is wonderful"

Hiratsuka's smile didn't fade until i continued my sentence and said.

"But orpheus is a fool" hiratsuka now had a look of shock but her smile returned and she said.

"that's true but why do you call him that? Whats your reason?"

"he was dealt all the cards to win, yet his worry and anxiety got the better of him"

"that's true but who wouldn't worry that the king of the underworld duped them? It's only common sense"

"no it's not, orpheus rivalled all the gods with his music, he swooned every god's will to his but he let his love of eurydice get the better of him like a fool"

Hiratsuka stayed silent before i asked.

"is there a reason for this discussion?"

Her expression became a bit sorrowful as she spoke.

"i suppose there is, recently i recived a few calls from various interesting figures, one of them requested you being expelled from this school"

So he is finally making his move, can't say i am surprised.

"and what did you say to them?" i asked as i shifted my head to her

She chuckled.