Y2 Vol7: Sports Festival 3

(Lelouch Lamperouge's POV)

To gain everything and lose everything in the space of a moment. That is the fate of all princes destined for the throne.

I am without a doubt a prime example for that, if it weren't for my exile i would've surely been able to succeed my father to the throne.

My only opponent is Schneizel who is without a doubt a tough character to beat, but right now he doesn't matter...what matters is that my decisions so far although were beneficial to our class...weren't accepted.

Perhaps it is because i never once looked at these kids as nothing more but pawns, there's only one person that i never considered as a pawn within them and that was Hiyori...but even she is now disappointed in me.

Leadership is now in Ryuuen's hands although he is oddly not happy about it, perhaps i also looked down on him too much and never considered him anything more but the bishop of my chess board.

And finally...Yuji has returned, he's a bit shaken as expected and he talks to me once in a while though that has become quite painful to do, i indeed did overlook something.

These kids aren't warriors...they're children.

Simple humans, nothing more nothing else.

No matter how impressive they are or what potential they possess; They would very obviously crumble when put in an experience like that damned incident.

"Learn the difference subordinates and friends before you decide to become a leader huh..."

I can't believe i am taking the word of a country bumpkin like him and one who works under someone i consider to be a potential opponent.

But he's indeed right, i need to take their weakness into consideration as much as i have taken mine, i can no longer rely on my strengths...i need to use weakness as well...

"Uhm...Lulu...do you uh...mind if...sit here beside you?"

I jumped slightly as i turned my head around and found Hiyori standing above me with a sad smile on her face.

"Go ahead" i replied as i looked back at the festival commencing, we're nearing the end and thanks to the first years' effort...we're breaking the curse of the white team and winning.

Hiyori sat down beside me and i glanced a look at her...she's quite shy and sad as i thought, i take it she came here to apologize about slapping me.

"Lulu..i...i am s-sorr-"

"Don't be"

I cut her off as i raised my hand and spoke up which surprised her before she clung onto the side of my jacket.

"But i-!"

"What you did was the absolutely correct thing, i may have indeed overlooked things in my judgement of this school and of you all" i said once again as she gripped even tightly onto me.

Hiyori took a small break before exhaling and turning around to face the field.

She slowly leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Hey Lulu...do you know what made me fall in love with you?"

"Hmm?..."

I never really thought too much about that, i simply believed because of how close we were and how much we've been through she's grown to love me in turn.

Hiyori giggled slightly as she glanced a look at me and we made eyes contact.

"I fell in love with you because you were kind...you didn't hate Yuji for the times he repeated jokes to you, you didn't hate Ryuuen after all that he's done and you didn't even hate Karma-kun for all the chaos he caused. I am sure your reasons aren't...naive like mine but...whatever they are, i am still happy that you are the way that you are"