Y2 Vol7: Festival Preprations

(Oreki Houtarou's POV)

People are divided into two groups , the righteous and the unrighteous, and the righteous do the dividing.

It is quite similar to the saying 'History is written by the victors' because it is.

As unfair and cruel as it may be...those who win are the ones who more often than not...change the world, i am not really considered a winner by any means in the grand scheme of things.

If i were to truly divide and decree such a rule and idea upon our school then without a doubt the biggest winner is Johan Liebert.

A man whose goal and victory is unknown and/or nonexistant will always be the winner to the common folk which in turn...makes him the poet of our time.

Someone like Sakurako-san although very independent and quite capable could've never hoped to reach him, his battle was already above her and she perhaps only found out about that very later on.

The only way someone could hope to destroy heaven is by having a devil at their side...

.

.

.

*Beep beep beep beep*

"Ugh...."

I twisted myself around slightly at the familiar sound of beeping as i slowly opened my eyes.

It's six in the morning huh...there's alot of time.

I slowly look back beside me and...she's still asleep.

She's quite peaceful like this but she seems to sleep often in the fetal position while covering her ears...

I shouldn't bring it up to her because this is most likely a remaining scar from her time in the whiteroom, Hina is indeed strong but...she's not invincible, it was to be expected she would be scarred like any other from a place like the whiteroom.

"Hina wake up...it's morning already" i said as i put my hand and brushed the strands of her hair away from her eyes.

She grumbled slightly which in turn made the corners of my mouth form a small smile.

I sighed soon after as i pinched her cheek.

"Ow!"

She opened her eyes instantly as she streched her body fully from the fetal position of her sleep.

"Houtarou...good morning" she said as she put her hand on my face and smiled warmly which was quite adorable.

"Good morning Hina" i replied as i grabbed her hand.

She giggled slightly before jumping off the bed and streching her arm.

"Hnnngah! Good morning once again world!" she announced as she smiled quite happily.

She reminds me alot of Tomoe, the same optimistic view and fiery desire to go out, it's indeed irritatingto my sleep but it is very much so...beautiful.

Hina slowly turned around and she silently stared at me...particularly...my hair.

"Houtarou...did you get struck by zeus in your dreams?"

Fuck...now she's going to tease me about this...i forgot about my sleephead issue.

"Tsk..."

I clicked my tongue as i looked away from her and she stepped forward slightly and giggled.

She put her hand on my head and then patted it slightly before kneeling down and resting her head on my lap.

"I love this messy version of you as well!"