Y1 Vol 7: King's Gambit

(Lelouch Lamperouge's POV)

hmm today marks the halfway point of december, it's been quite a while since ryuuen has made any moves nor did karma akabane make any moves recently.

i am not worried since their move only signals the start for me, this game is already in checkmate since the moment ryuuen and karma worked with one another.

"where are we going?, we've been walking around for a while now" tokito asked as me and him were having a small walk around school.

to be honest the whole purpose of this walk is just to make a mental map of this school for myself, each route and each camera and each room are important, but another reason is that i wish to meet someone...class A's leader to be exact.

"are you perhaps tired? if you are then color me surprised because i believe that i am the weakest physically in our class" i answered his question as we got close to the class A classroom.

"i am not, i am just wondering why we are walking around aimlessly like this, when are you planning on attacking ryuuen?"

aren't he just the most excited member of this small rebellion, well i would love to finish this now but it's a waiting game this time around.

"soon, don't be so fast to attack, it takes time to break down a kingdom" i said as i stopped in my tracks before class A's classroom.

"hmmm do you have some business with them?" tokito asked as he peeked inside the classroom.

"officially no but i am somewhat interested in them, they have been silent and rarely interacting with the other classes, i doubt it is a sense of pride that is stopping them from doing so" 

i then opened the door and found inside two students, one is a young girl with short silver hair holding a cane, her stature is quite small in comparison to an average girl our age.

the other is a girl with purple hair tied to the left. she had a frown on her face as she stood beside the silver haired girl who was playing chess by herself.

"practicing for a game?" i called out as i stepped forward towards their direction.

the silver haired girl looked up towards me and her face showed an expression of disinterest but she quickly returned her attention to the board as the purple haired girl spoke up.

"what do you want? state your business quick"

tokito beside me raised an eyebrow at their response before he sighed and leaned on a desk nearby whilst putting his hands in his pocket.

"calm down miss, we're just here to chat" i answered as i smiled while sitting in front of the silver haired girl.

"hmm? are you perhaps familiar with the game?" she asked with a look of surprise.

"a bit, do you wish to spar as we talk?" 

her eyes widened for a moment before she smiled at me and said.

"fufu it would be my pleasure, my name is sakayanagi arisu"

i turned the board around giving myself the black pieces which garnered me a look of surprise from arisu.

"i gave you the white pieces why did you switch?" she asked.

"i'm more used to the black, my name is lelouch...lelouch lamperouge" i responded as i finished fixing the pieces in their correct placements.

arisu's expression calmed down and she smiled before our game started.

she moved her pawn to d4 and i moved mine to d5 in response, she then moved her other pawn to c4...a queen's gambit huh.