Y1 Vol5: From Heaven to Purgatory

(Ichinose Honami's POV)

"As i said, resting is not an option! if you wish to rest then gain a decisive victory first!!" kanzaki shouted at our class as he stood on the podium.

"HUH?! kanzaki did you hit your head or some shit? we just came back from a trip, can't we at least get two more days of rest?!!" shibata yelled back.

"he's right kanzaki-kun, we're all tired and need sometime to regain our strength!" kobashi added as everyone in the class continued throwing their dissatisfaction at our new leader..kanzaki-kun.

kanzaki-kun wants our class to become a perfect organized force like class A but i know these people better than anyone...we only got through the past exams thanks to karma's plans and chisato-chan's work, i merely put the class back in place so that we don't do any mistakes but i was still the leader so it hurts to be pushed away like this all of a sudden...

*slam*

a sudden hit on the podium silenced the shouts.

"guys!! we can't give into the laziness now, the sports festival is a week away and if we don't train good enough class C and class D will catch up to us!" karma suddenly said as he stood next to kanzaki.

kanzaki looked at him with narrowed eyes before saying.

"what he says is correct, if we don't grasp our chances now we will lose to the other classes, so everyone get ready in 10 minutes time and we will meet at the gymnasium in preperation for the festival"

the class murmered before nodding slowly at them.

"perfect! let's go then guys, kanzaki-san will go get permission from the teacher to use the gymnasium for us!!" karma said with a bright and happy smile as he and everyone else left the room.

"be careful honami-chan..." chisato whispered as she left with the others leaving me with kanzaki-kun alone.

the room stayed silent as the door closed, i looked to the ground...why did i not leave with everyone else...maybe i..i just wanted to talk to him? oh god this is so confusing, i am sure he hates me like everyone else for being a dirty human being and not the good person i was playing the role of for so long...

"do you hate me ichinose?" kanzaki-kun said breaking off the awkward silence between us.

"eh? no! you're the class leader after all!" i replied with a shaky smile.

"don't lie to me ichinose, i have worked with you for two months now, tell me the truth"

i stayed silent once again and only looked on the ground, he sighed before saying.

"then do you hate karma? he further boosted your downfall?"

"no...i don't" i finally responded with a nervous tone.

"i see, why? did he not lie about his feelings towards you? did his act not further boost your reputation as some sort of manipulator of hearts?"

"i-i...i don't know how..." i answered quietly as my gaze continued avoiding his.

he inhaled and exhaled before finally standing tall and walking towards the door, i felt a small relief as he did so...this is all a bit too much after all.

right before he left through the door he said something i never expected.

"i hope you are aware that i never hated you nor do i hate you now." he calmly said as he left the room.

my eyes widened at his response, i always thought he disliked me due to how i tried to lead the class...i am kind of...happy at his words.

i shouldn't let this stop me from helping the class, i may have lost my position as leader but i still plan on supporting my class!!