From Madness to Apathy: Franken Stein SS

Some often say that the hardest thing to do is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn.

To me such a dilemma is entirely unncessary because...i have already crossed both bridges and i burned them.

I didn't really have much of an interesting life when i was young. I was curious, yes but my curiousity was forbidden by the world.

I remember the very first time i tried to experiment on a human being was when i was...fifteen.

I had recently read a book about Jack the Ripper, the killer that never was caught and i thought to myself often about how he did it.

His kills were very obvious and would've been easily traced so i came to the conclusion that it is as the folks say...a fictitious tale.

But what if it wasn't?

What if i perfected Jack the Ripper using my own logic?!

And that's where i started my first and sadly...last experiment as a normal kid.

I had no friends as you may expect from a supposed weirdo like me but i had a good mind.

I remembered the routes of every classmate of mine and handpicked the perfect one to fufill my experiment on.

He was a fairly popular guy, kind, handsome and an all around fortunate boy.

His way back home was near a park and that made luring him in become all the better.

I managed to catch him by surprise by acting like i hurt my leg.

He recognized me and offered a helping hand and i...offered him the opposite.

I immediatly nailed him down to the ground and made him lose consciousness.

I sighed a little to myself at the time...this was too much for work for a supposed idea i had while daydreaming.

But hey...i went on.

My goal was to cause his blood to clott inside his arm.

I would cause him enough damage for a bruise on specific areas where blood runs most and just watch.

Alas...my goal was a failure, as my operation was busted and i was sent to a small juvie for rehabilitation.

Even though blood did indeed clott in his arm, he didn't die, he simply went into a small one week coma while i was left in that stupid place.

There i met the woman i would come to adore...Marie was her name.

She's by all accounts...a weirdo like me.

She was put into the juvie for amazingly stomping off the private parts of her now ex boyfriend, she was just a  girl but she was indeed a clingy woman in the making.

I laughed at her story too much at the time and i was fascinated i could even do that but...i did come to like her.

She was kind and compassionate even if she was a weirdo, she was different from the other girls i met in my school and...i came to love her.

Two years afterwards, we were both alone and lost so we decided to move to another place away from our home.

And that place was the wonderful Britannian empire, the theorized to be great kingdom of planet earth and also the place where i would meet the two people who i would come to despise and befriend.

I entered college with very low expectations, i don't care about education because it's a fraudulent concept to someone like me.

But hey...at least i had her with me.

There i was as usual disconnected, Marie made some friends while i was considered an outcast.

That is until i was approached by the supposed best honor student in the university...Urahara Kisuke.

I disliked him alot, very loud and obnoxious but...saying that he's an idiot should be made a sin.

Kisuke is no fool, he's sharper than any blade and he's also someone capable of miracles...

On my second year of university though...i met the other bastard.

Daniel Dickens, i was once dubbed a mad scientist, an insane man with no love for anyone but...Daniel was the one more worthy of the name.

He was without a doubt insane, he had a grave obsession with the same things me and Kisuke had at the time.

Which was...human potential, the idea of the ubermensch and his arrival, of course back then we were ignorant of anything like the whiteroom

We tried often to test how we can improve people together as what Kisuke called a club.

We were the science club people back then, the nerds nobody liked and hey...it was cool, i had Kisuke and Marie so who cares about Daniel.

But i wish i had kept my eye out on him because soon...we would all learn how we should've never trusted someone like him, someone who so easily lies and smiles in our faces only to wish death upon us soon after.

Kisuke already knew but...he thought it was some sort of angst phase from Daniel but no, it was a goddamn betrayal.

Because soon after i discovered that this bastard had stolen our research, everything that was by today's terms...similar to what the whiteroom discovered and he just sold it off to some lanky son of a bitch in germany.

When confronted about it he decided to attack me.

I was stronger than him so his only bet was to scar my face with acid then use a razor to slice at my face.

I stepped back and caused noise which made Marie come into the room where he finally made me snap.

He used all the strength he had and gouge out one of her eyes.

She fell on the ground screaming as i regained myself and was about to strike but...he was already gone.

I could do nothing but comfort Marie at the time as more and more people came and this incident hit the news big time.

We were now the talk of the town and i...hated it.

Kisuke's reaction to this was that of disappointment.

He was sad that Daniel wasn't as smart as he thought.

Kisuke then proposed an idea to me and Marie and that was...to travel to japan.

We would continue our research there and under new lights.

No Franken Stein

No Marie Mjolnir

And no Urahara Kisuke

Just a trio of quote end quote 'best buddies'...

I accepted his proposition and as soon as i did i had sealed my deal with life. 

In the coming years me and Marie would get married but...as all things that happen with me...it never lasted.

We were expecting a daughter at some point but...she had a miscarriage.

That was the final straw i had in me...i lost all belief in the concept of good and love.

I despised even considering it.

So many years wasted and it just comes to this.

Marie herself was hurt but...she recovered and returned back to Britannia.

I never did and never will...damn this world and all that is in it.

Even after we were hired by Utsuro to work in Pandora i stayed out of the realm of emotion.

I only care about the result of each experiment i do and nothing else and that is the way life will go on for me.

I seperated myself from everything i loved just for that.

Those with me need not know.

Only i need to know what my world is like...