Y1 Vol6: Popularkoji's misery

(Ayanokoji Kiyotaka's POV)

"alright class, these past few weeks you've all undeniably made me proud, your success was shocking yet heartwarming to me but sadly there's no time to rest now, tomorrow and after it there will be 4 exams per day that will determine the pairs for the upcoming exam, they're extremely easy but very important at that!" hiratsuka-sensei abruptly announced out as she started packing her stuff.

her announcement caused alot of worry in the class, an odd and insecure habit they can't seem to shake off even after rising to class C.

"before you all start pissing your pants let me finish, the pairs will be determined in a way that supports those on the weaker side, take that how you will, the requirement for passing this exam is a total of 60 points from one pair, indiviually it is still 43.75 points required but you must discard this concept and work with your partner, another nifty thing is the concept of attack and defence! in this exam you are required to attack another class using questions of your own creation, to do so simply submit your request to the homeroom teacher and they'll take care of it, if two classes attack the same class then they will gamble their asses off to see which class they get...basically they will draw a paper heh..sorry for the exaggeration, oh and we as teacher's will review your questions beforehand so that you don't send something impossible, if you can't get questions we'll send them our own made questions!"

interesting, aside from her parodying of the rules the explaination made this exam sound quite simple but where's the catch?.

"and i am sure you're wonder 'oh sensei what's gonna happen if we fail or if we lose to other classes?' well my dear student on the boat sailing towards the land of higher education what happens if you fail to fufil the required score is as you predicted most likely, expulsion!, we don't allow failures in this school sadly...as for your loss against another class what will happen is that if you win you will gain 50 points from their points and if you lose they get 50 from you! in the case of a direct match up points will be set to 100 instead of 50 so be careful or you might go back to being class D again..." hiratsuka-sensei finished her explaination of the rules as she 'gracefully' left the class.

this exam is simple but i can sense something odd will happen, not from the school itself but from the other classes...i believe i have been giving away too much attention to myself.

hirata seemed to have gotten up and chatted with yuuichi and ayano at the time i was thinking, good thing he didn't come my way.

i glanced a look at horikita and she seemed to be thinking about what to do before her and everyone's thinking moment was interrupted by hirata and ayano going up to the podium and making an announcement.

"uhm...excuse me everyone but may we have a small moment of your time?" ayano asked which immediatly silenced everyone...guess her influence still works like magic.

hirata smiled at us all before he held the marker and began explaining his plan.

"alright everyone! the plan should be quite simple and similar to what we did on the midterms!, instead this time we will divide into three categories, the first category will be the top 10 scorers such as yukimura-kun,kouenji-kun and horikita-san they will be required to score above 80s whilst the second category which is the people with the lowest score like sakamoto-kun,ike-kun and yamauchi-kun will have to score a 0!, as for the final category which consists of 20 people they must score 60 or 80, if not possible then 1 will do, after we're done with the exams and the pairs are decided we will divide into groups like last time but this time each one of the top 5 smartest people must lead a study group alongside two of the 20 students who got average scores to assist everyone else!!"