𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘 𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗨𝗔𝗚𝗘, 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗖𝗥𝗜𝗣𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗔 𝗦𝗘𝗫𝗨𝗔𝗟 𝗡𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘, 𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗔𝗟𝗖𝗢𝗛𝗢𝗟𝗜𝗦𝗠.

𝙺𝙸𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁𝙻𝚈 𝙲𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙳𝚈

"David?" I asked into the open air, not being able to control my mouth. It hung open in shock, no longer listening to what my brain was telling it to do.

"Hi, little sis." He smiled sweetly at me, standing up to hug me. I ran into his arms and smiled widely, still not registering that this was really happening. "Oh my god, you're fucking soaked." He said in disgust.

I heard Eddie snigger, clearly taking it in the dirtiest way possible as my mum gasped.

"David! Language." She warned him.

"Sorry mum." He chuckled, letting me go and looking at me happily. I heard a little laugh from behind him and saw a baby, no older than one. She had dark curly hair and beautiful blue eyes. I gasped as I realised who she was.

"Is she..yours?" I asked in awe, seeing the resemblance immediately.

"Yeah, little nightmare she is." He joked as i crouched down to her level and put my finger out for her to hold.

"Oh, hello beautiful!." I said in a baby voice. "I'm your auntie Kimberly, but you can call me kimmy." I said to her, shaking my finger as she gripped ahold of it. She gargled and laughed, smiling like I was the best thing she'd seen all day. "Can I steal her?" I asked David, looking up to him from the side with baby fever.

"Oh no." I heard Eddie say from the corner of the room to making both my dad and brother laugh.

"As much as she can be a little devil sometimes, I couldn't leave her. Especially not with you, you little rebel." He smirked as he sat back down next to his daughter. I picked her up in my arms and rocked back and forth with her, tickling her cheek as I did.

"What do you mean? I'm the golden child. Especially compared to you." I said in fake shock, knowing I was definitely the hardest out of the three of us.

"Anyway, when were you going to introduce us to Eddie?" My father cut into our conversation, sitting and watching with a cup of coffee in his hand and a leg draped over his other.

"I wasn't." I admitted, looking over to him and seeing the disappointment laced within his eyes. "I don't want to ruin the mood so I won't say why but we've been going through a lot so I didn't want to make matters worse." I carried on, hoping my mother wouldn't become outraged at me.

"Why? What's been going on?" David asked from next me, sat down on the sofa still. I looked over to my father with a saddened look, knowing this could go either way.

"I've been heavy on the drinking, and I regret it. I haven't been a good mum at all but I'm going to get better. I haven't touched anything in three days." She admitted but not proudly. That was the one thing I admired about her, that even if she does good in something, she won't ever let her pride get the best of her. Well, unless she's drunk.

"Oh mum. I'm so sorry you were struggling. I shouldn't have left." David said, immediately feeling sorry for her. I turned my head to Eddie and quietly scoffed, realising how naive my own family were when it came to Maureen. She smiled sweetly and held out a hand for David to go and take. He kissed it and hugged her for a short while. "I know I haven't been here for long, but I gotta go. Abigail will be home soon and she'll be wanting to cook for us, but I'll be back sometime during the week so we can all talk properly." He said as he stood up from my mother's embrace, taking his little girl with him.