𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘 𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗨𝗔𝗚𝗘, 𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗗

𝙺𝙸𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁𝙻𝚈 𝙲𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙳𝚈

"I've been thinking.." Ed started his conversation with nerve wrecking words, causing my hand to automatically appear by my mouth so I could bite the skin around my nails anxiously. "Stop that." He immediately put a stop to my actions and held my hands in his own.

"Sorry." I mumbled and lowered my head, still trying to force myself not to cry incase his words were the ones I had been pleading to hear.

"It's okay." He said and let go of them, using his hands to lift my face up and look at him instead. "I've been thinking, and I think we should talk..somewhere a lot more private than here." Eddie took a peer around at some of the people still watching us, presumably because they had heard everything between me and him at my brothers house on Friday night.

My heart jumped in my chest at his words, and not in a good way. If he had decided he wanted me still, then why would he be so bothered about people listening in on us? I found it very hard to believe that he could be fine with me after I hurt him like that, so the numbness decided it would stick around for a while longer.

"Okay." I whispered up to him quietly, already foreseeing my future and mentally preparing myself for the words I had been dreading for days.

"We're at the hideout tonight. I wasn't feeling it yesterday so it got moved to today..you fancy coming and we'll talk after?." He asked with a glimpse of something in his eyes, but he looked just as terrible as I did which meant it could've been more about his band rather than praying I would say yes.

"Sure. What time?." I asked flatly and shoved my hands back in my pockets.

"Eight?." Eddie asked rather than stated as his eyes wandered over the crevice of my face. I nodded and smiled weakly at the boy.

"Great. I'll see you later." I nodded and pursed my lips into a thin line before my legs decided to move for me and I started to walk back towards where Steve had tried to drag me to previously.

My head wouldn't stop racing with thoughts of the upcoming night, and after all the pain I had endured over the amount of time apart from him, I honestly didn't know if I could take much more.

I saw Steve's head sat besides a few unrecognisable faces in the cafeteria, and I know Mrs Kirkland had told me to eat so I wouldn't throw up everywhere, but I hadn't eaten in days so what was the harm in an extra few hours?. I walked over to my friend, expecting the third degree but instead he stood up and hugged my small physique tightly, letting his lips sit against my temple.

"How did it go?." His lips asked but his eyes said something different. He wanted any excuse to leave this building right now and punch Eddie's lights out.

"I don't know." I shrugged and threw my bag from over my shoulder to the floor. "He wants to meet later at the hideout." I murmured and held my chin in the palm of my hand, my elbow resting against the table.

"Oh." Was all Steve said, and that was exactly my train of thought.

"It doesn't matter. Let's just get this game over with and then hopefully everything will be dealt with." I forced a smile onto my face, causing a real one to break out on Steve's face at my attempt of happiness.

Even if this was the end for me and Eddie, at least I knew that there was somebody who loved me, at least I knew Steve Harrington would look after me until the day I died.