𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐒

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘 𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗨𝗔𝗚𝗘

𝙺𝙸𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁𝙻𝚈 𝙲𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙳𝚈

I hadn't quite gotten the good nights sleep I was hoping for last night, but the sound of my baby brothers wailing for me was one of the pleasures in the morning. All it had meant was that my nightmares wouldn't progress any further, allowing me to see his face out of the dark shadows.

With the boys fully dressed and sat in their high chairs ready for breakfast, somebody knocked on my door at a moderate volume, causing my head to twist towards it. I walked up to the large piece of wood and peaked through one of the long narrow windows on either side to the door, seeing Eddie stood waiting for an answer.

"What are you doing here?." I asked him immediately, not having said hello or greeting him as I opened the entryway.

"Rude." He started. "You said you would go to the store for me so I brought some cash 'round." He tried to hand me a couple sheets of notes but I only stood there with disappointment spread across my face. "Kim, take it." Eddie pushed his hand forward, trying to place the money into my own hand.

"No." I shook my head at him, not letting him spend his last amount when I could pay for it myself. "You need that." I pushed his hand back towards his chest.

"I'm not asking, Princess. I don't want your money, so take it and use it, please." Eddies eyes softened at the thought of taking more money off of me, but I didn't mind.

"Keep it." I carried on. "Listen, Ed. I've not always been..rich.." the word alome made me cringe. "I use to live in a two bedroom flat above a pub, sharing a room with two fully grown boys. I've struggled and it was horrible, so if there's somebody who needs it more than me, I'll help them. You need that money, baby." I nodded at him with a small smile, hoping he understood where I came from.

Eddie sighed and lowered his head for a second before shoving the bills into his back pocket and lifting his head.

"You're too stubborn to arg-" Eddie was cut off by the beeping of his horn from his van.

"THANKS FOR LEAVING ME AT SCHOOL YESTERDAY, KIM!." Steve yelled out of the window to me with a sarcastic tone. "ALSO, HURRY UP!." His words were now directed at Eddie.

"What's he talking about?." I asked Eddie, remembering how he told me Steve had a job interview so we needn't take him home.

"He doesn't have his car, does he?." Eddie indicated that it was me who was supposed to take him.

"That cheeky git. He could've at least told me to wait for him." I shook my head and scoffed lightly, hearing one of the boys start to cry from the kitchen. "I've gotta go, I'm seeing Kathleen tonight but maybe you could stay over after she's gone?." I twisted my hands together in front of my body in anticipation, hoping not to be rejected.

A smirk crept up on the boys face and I knew the answer without hearing the words. I jumped up and attached my arms around his neck, giving him a tongue filled kissed.

"HURRY UP, MAN!." Steve beeped the horn again, beginning to get impatient.

"Steve! Shut the fuck up, dude! It's half right in the morning!." Eddie yelled back to the boy but no where near as loudly as I still had my arms around his neck. He turned back to me and left a gentle kiss on the tip of my nose. "I'll see you tonight, princess." He muttered with a grin before turning away from me and walking down the path of my front porch.

"Bye Steven! I hope you have a shit day!." I called to the boy who had his arm leant out the window. He rolled his eyes at me and shoved his middle finger up into the air, causing a little giggle to escape my lips as I watched them drive off towards the school.