𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘 𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗨𝗔𝗚𝗘

𝙺𝙸𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁𝙻𝚈 𝙲𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙳𝚈

After my meal with Jon yesterday , I had a lot of time to think about things. It was something o was beginning to do on a daily basis now and I just didn't know how to switch it off.

I thought about what he said to me at Richie's, wanting to stay with us as a family again and my mother maybe not being the nasty piece of shit she was if he did stay, if he and Eddie would get along or how I'd spend these last few weeks of the holidays with my friends considering I wouldn't be with them for the new school year.

I thought my parents were being very selfish, regardless that my dad would be away for work more because he had been promoted. It all came down to the fact of the matter; I wanted was to get as far away as possible from them. I can assure you that that didn't mean becoming a full time mum to my new twin brothers.

When Jon dropped me off home from Richie's, I went straight to bed and slept for over 16 hours. When I woke up, it was half 6 in the morning and I felt awful. All I had wanted to do was sit down with a joint and invite the group over, but I had work so that plan was aloof.

When I actually arrived to work, I spent the majority of the time rolling my eyes at the children who wouldn't listen to my voice of anger.

"I swear to god.." I muttered under my breath as I saw Marcus chasing his friend around the outskirts of the pool. "Marcus Moore if I have to come over there and tell you one more time to stop running..you're banned..FOR LIFE!." I eventually raised my voice loud enough for him to stop and listen to my demands. He nodded and shoved his friend a little as they walked away.

"Kimberly..do you have a moment?." I turned my head to the side and saw Brian approaching me. I nodded and climbed down the ladder to stand face to face with him. "I'm cutting your shift short today. I want Paige to cover for you." He informed me.

"I'm not in trouble, am I?." I asked, knowing today I wasn't in the greatest of moods and I may have said something to cause him to send me home.

"No, no. Not at all. I think she needs some more training personally, that's all." Brain smiled politely as always with his hands on his hips, his eyes squinting due to the blinding sun beaming down on us.

"Ah okay. That's really nice of you, Bri." I nodded with a smile. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow morning then." We acknowledged one another with toothy grins before I began to walk past him and into the changing rooms. I knew my wage would be cut a little short because of the 2 hours he had taken off of me, but as of right now, I couldn't have given anymore shits.

On my way out of the pool, I stopped by the phone box and decided to see if any of the group wanted to hang out at my place, taking advantage of the next to nothing phones calls before the government made you pay $50 to use it.

First, I rang Eddie and it went straight to voice mail.

I sighed and put the phone down, picking it back up to dial Steve's home number in. It rang several times before Dustin answered.

"Hello this is the Harrington house."

"Dustin, I told you already. You don't have to say that!.." I heard Steve call out to the boy, making me giggle.

"Hey, Dust. Whatcha both doing?." I asked him with a giant smile patterned on my lips.

"Steve's crying over something-"

"I am not crying! Jesus- you know.." Steve's voice kept cutting in and out as he complained about the child once again.

"Ignore him." He interrupted the loud noises coming from Steve's mouth. "Uh, we're not doing anything exciting, if that helps?." Dustin asked me.