𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐒

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘 𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗨𝗔𝗚𝗘, 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗩𝗬 𝗩𝗜𝗢𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘, 𝗔𝗕𝗨𝗦𝗜𝗩𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗜𝗢𝗨𝗥, 𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗛, 𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗦𝗧
𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗱𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗶𝗳 𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗻𝗱/𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘂𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗰. 𝗕𝗲 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝘀 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗱𝗶𝗽𝗹𝗼𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗰.

𝙺𝙸𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁𝙻𝚈 𝙲𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙳𝚈

Everything had finally made sense to me now. The world and it's mysteries had been solved by a girl who was loved by nobody, feared by everybody and hated by her mother.

I came into the world hoping to be cherished as if I was the best thing she would hold in her arms, but it turned out being cherished by somebody who doesn't love themselves was impossible.

The morning weather was impeccable for the day ahead of me and to me, that was a sign all good was to come to me. How wrong I was.

I spent the morning with my little brothers before my dad took them out for a little play date with Gabbie and David. I had heard Jon was going to meet them as well and felt a small pang of jealously in my chest. They never took me any where with them.

Once I was free of the boys, I gave my room a good clean to keep me occupied before making myself a lovely batch of pancakes because who else was going to do it?. Certainly not my mother.

Speaking of the Devil.

It didn't take a genius to know that Maureen was not happy when she found out about my date with Eddie, and I wasn't sure whether she was trying to act like a caring mother who didn't want her daughter to get hurt again, or if she just hated the thought of me being happier than her, but when I tried to tell her I'd be going on that date no matter what she said; All hell broke lose.

"Mum." I said to her from the doorway of the lounge. Maureen hummed at me without moving her concentration away from the television set. "I'm gonna head out." I told her, waiting for any sort of reaction. None. "When will dad be back?." I asked, remembering that he was currently out with the boys.

"Where are you going?." She asked a little late and completely detached. I knew she had no heart, but this was new.

"I was gonna hang out with Eddie. He asked me on a date at the fair-"

"Eddie Munson?." She asked. "The trailer trash who broke your heart?." Her head whipped around to face me and her eyes were completely drained, almost as if she had no life left inside of her.

"Stop calling him that." I said through gritted teeth, hating how she treated him. She had no right to criticise anybody with her habits, especially not a boy who didn't ask for the life he had been given.

"You're not going." She said and shook her head. "I will not watch this happen again." Maureen lifted her whisky to her lips from the bottle and took a large swig.

"You can't tell me what to do." I said weakly and watched as her body stiffened up.

I needed to stick up for myself when it came to Maureen, because she should've been locked away by this point but my dad couldn't allow his wife to be in prison for what she was doing to her child. Not that she called me that anymore, I don't know what I was to the fiery haired woman anymore.