𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐒...

𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘 𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗨𝗔𝗚𝗘,
𝗔𝗟𝗖𝗢𝗛𝗢𝗟 𝗨𝗦𝗘, 𝗗𝗥𝗨𝗚 𝗨𝗦𝗘, 𝗦𝗘𝗫𝗨𝗔𝗟 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗧

𝙺𝙸𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁𝙻𝚈 𝙲𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙳𝚈

My eyes, not so discreetly, had been wandering all night long as I tried to find somebody with the best outfit, and only three made it onto the list:
Jonathan Byers for dressing up as himself. Real.
Cindy Martel for delighting my eyes as Mary Poppins. Definitely out of the box.
Carter Alden and his brother Robert Alden for dressing as Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble from the Flintstones.

It was too hard for me to decide on, and I had been doing so for over an hour..drunk.

"Just get somebody else to decide for you." Eddie called over to me from the porch chair as I sat on the opposite one in the garden, biting my nails in deep thought. "Do like a vote. Get them to put some names in a jar, shit, I don't know." My eyes darted over to him as he focused on the joint he was trying to roll.

"Like a split decision?." I asked him, sort of liking the idea.

"Yeah. Hand them some paper and get 'em to write the three names down." His eyes left the rizzla paper to focus on mine for a split second before they flickered back to the blunt.

"It's four now." I murmured, knowing I couldn't have just one of the Alden brothers win, they had to be voted as a team. "I'm gonna go do that." I quickly decided and found myself walking past Eddie, through the door into the play area and down the hallway towards the front door. "EVERYBODY!!." I called to the house of drunken teenagers. Some people averted their gaze to me but the majority were too fucked to hear.

A loud clashing noise got everybody's attention, even mine. I jumped a little and faced the sound, seeing Steve and Kathleen on the floor surrounded by a load of my brothers books from a shelf besides the couch.

"That's one way to do it." I mumbled as they giggled between one another. "Alright everybody! Listen up!." I called out to the people in my brothers home, watching their eyes as they watched me. "I've come to some what of a decision, and I've picked my final three..." I saw a few people chatting to their friends at the mention of a winner. "Jonathan Byers, who dressed up as himself!..." he earned a small round of applause. "Cindy Martell who came as Mary Poppins! Never before seen!." I smiled over at her when I clocked the girl in the dining area. She smiled and blushed at the roar she got from the crowd. "And finally, the Alden brothers for their creativity and confidence to come dressed like cave men!." I joked and laughed alongside a few others. "Now!..I can't decide who I want to pick out of the three, so I'm just going to do a vast majority vote.."
-
"I want to see hands up, okay?." The crowd nodded and murmured as I spoke to them. "Alright!..hands up for the Alden brothers!." A good couple of hands shot up in the air with one whistle from a guy at the back of the hallway. I quickly counted them, memorising the number in my head; 14. "Hands up for Cindy!." A few more hands shot up in the air, and it was as if people just started to appear out of no where. The numbers weren't really adding up; 17. "And last but not least, hands up for Jonathan Byers!." I called out, hearing a lot of murmurs and seeing the crowd look between one another as only three girls put their hands up before a large group of people burst through from the kitchen with their hands up.

"Jonathan!." Nancy called from her embrace with a drunken Barb who stood in front of a few of her girl friends, Billy, Paige, Eddie and his friends and of course, the fucking children.

I counted the hands, seeing Nancys, Barbs, Eddie's, Jeff's, Gareth's, Stanley's, Steve's, Kathleen's, mine, Dustin's, Lucas', Max's, Lucy's, Mikes, Wills, the new girls, all three of Barbs friends, Billy and Paige's and three more dotted around, which made 24.