Epilogue Part 1

TANSANEÉ POV
7 months later
10:47 p.m.

"See how you belly big?" I hear my fiancé say coming to help me as I struggle to get out of the car on my own.

I hiss my teeth and push him,
"Sarai tell you daddy fi shut up before me do him sumn ."

She looks at him, "Nuh follow you mada, yer likkle girl? You nuh want daddy pinch off you mouth." He tells her lifting her out of her car seat.

I roll my eyes, "Come we go get icecream baby." I reach for her hand when he places her down.

She reaches for it, "Mommy I want to feel the baby kick." She tells me.

"When I eat the icecream you'll be able to feel it mama."

These damn babies want icecream and wings.
So now we're at the supermarket after 11 p.m. in the night getting icecream.

I pull my top over my almost 40 week baby bump as we make our way to the freezers. "Daddy up!"
Xavier sweeps Sarai up into his arms, she turns her body to watch what I'm doing.

"Mommy want grape nut." She points, i pull it from the fridge and get myself a mint chocolate chip in the process."What does daddy want?" I look at him, he shakes his head. "That a fi unuh, you want nothing else?"

Sarai nods, "Want potato chips."
We grab that and a few other snacks before cashing out. I get into my seat while Xavier straps in Sarai.
As soon as we arrive home I'm in the kitchen with her, I hand her a spoon with her ice cream and potato chips and grab my hot wings and ice cream.

We both begin snacking, while her dad plays his game in the living room. "What colour you want us to get your nails when we go tomorrow?"

She looks at her fingers, "Umm, pink mommy."
I hum and look at mine. "Want mommy to match you?"

She nods excitedly, "Yesss we can be twins like the babies!" I smile at her.

"Alright, are we getting designs, I want French on mine." I tell her, "I want French too."

"Ouuu that's gonna be cute baby."
She looks at my belly, "I want to feel the baby mommy."

I turn my belly towards her, she rubs her hand over it. "Hi baby."

"You ready to be a big sister?" I ask her, she nods.
"I want a baby sister mommy."I rub my belly, "How about a baby sister and a baby brother?" I ask her, she shrugs and eats more ice cream.

"I want a sister so she can do nails with us mommy." I simply smile at her in awe of the fact that I have a daughter I can talk to,"Sarai Renaé?" Her dad calls her, I look over at him. She licks the spoon and turns her head, "Yes daddy?"

"Nuh feel like a bed time baby?"
She shakes her head no, "Eat ice-cream with mama." I pick up one of the spicy wings and eat it feeling my craving for it immediately satisfied.

"See the time a night? Come go a you bed." He places down his controller down and approaches us.
She pouts, "Not ready."
"Bed time." He takes the ice cream from her and the snacks wiping her hands clean.

She starts fussing, "Xavier it's a weekend let her stay." I tell him enjoying the company of my mini best-friend. "She need fi stay inna har sleep schedule b, you know that. When ih baby them come and she wah siddung up til late when we wah sleep then what?" He asks me lifting her up, she frowns up her face.

"Daddy no!"
"Who you a tell no? Mi seh a you bed time." Her lip begins to quiver. "Wanna stay up with mommy." She starts crying while reaching for me.