BBs Express Frustration

Saori visits at night again. 

The weather for today is sunny.

This week concludes the April chapter.

------------------------------------------------

[April 22, Sunday - week 4]

Saori visits at night, just like she said last week. Seiya escorts her to the armchair, where she sits and places the five allowance envelopes on the table without delay.

"Your counselor reported that you joined clubs," Saori says.

"We had to. It's either join or not at all," Seiya says.

"Ikki's the lucky one..." Hyoga says.

"I'm actually grateful for that," Ikki says smugly.

"This was possible thanks to Shoko-san's help," Shun says.

"Shoko-san?" Saori asks.

"She's a student from next door who gave us advice," Seiya answers.

"She gave us recommendations based on our preferences," Shiryu adds.

"That's unexpected! I'm so proud of you."

In addition to the five envelopes, cups of water are already brought. Some of them consume.

"Thanks! That's why we're so grateful. She helped us because she's a fan of the Galaxian Wars."

"I get it, but that doesn't mean you should be friends," Ikki says.

"She didn't say that part... at least not yet," Shiryu says.

"Joining clubs is only the start, but you must start making friends."

"Friends with random students? We have each other!" Seiya says.

"You're missing the point." Saori continues, "Having friends will make your school life way easier. And also, they will restore the much-needed student trust a lot faster."

"Yeah, but in what way?" Seiya asks with a raised brow.

"You don't have to do anything specific. You just make friends. People observe, and the more they do, the more social proof you build, thus the more trust you gain."

"You're saying trust builds over time," Hyoga says.

"Exactly! Make one friend, and I guarantee you'll make more. That's because you build enough trust for others to approach you without fear. See where I'm getting at?"

"So you mean to form bonds with those friends," Seiya says.

"That's correct!" Saori confirms.

Once the cups are empty, some pour more water as needed and consume.

"Okay, so we joined clubs. How do we find friends?" Seiya asks.

"Just keep attending. You'll get someone's attention. If they invite you, say yes."

"We must do this for the sake of our school lives," Shun says.

Saori nods, agreeing with Shun's words. Seiya decides to change the topic.

"Saori-san, about the new teachers, did you bring them in?"

"I did not. I don't make any decisions even though it was founded by my grandfather."

"We have some concerns," Shun says.

"There is one teacher who throws chalks at Seiya," Hyoga says.

"Nadeshin is horrible, but never mind her. We saw students with injuries and bandages all over them. It's as if someone is doing something horrible. We assume it's a teacher because they look like it's the work of one person. We tried to convince them to report, and they won't do it."

"Do you have any proof?" Saori asks.

"We don't." Seiya sulks.

"The only clue was that some students were wearing gym attire," Shiryu says.

"I understand your concern, and it goes against us being protectors of justice. But we shouldn't confront without direct proof. You're already under watch and given a second chance after suspension."

"That's why I said we should have faith and allow them to realize the problem."

"I agree. All you can do is continue going to school."

Seiya and the rest sadly sigh.

To be continued...